The Fitness Test

One feature I have been thinking that is missing from FM is the fitness test. While it is relatively a small idea (it won't set pulses racing) it happens so often in the real football world.

At the moment we have "red" and "orange" injury indicators. Anyone with an orange indicator could play, but there is a chance of being injured further. The fitness test could perhaps be used on players who have the orange indictor, if they pass, they become fully fit and able to play, if they fail they are ruled out the game.

For example, "Wayne Rooney is currently carrying a knee injury. Would you like to perform a fitness test?" If you select no, he dosen't play. If you select YES, and he passes, the injury indicator is removed, and so does the % chance of him being injured in the match if you played him "orange injured".

My yearly thought :D

Good idea but I wouldnt play him anyway since his fitness would be below 90% regardless of him passing the test or not.

It would ensure the fitness would be above 90%. For example, in real life, Wayne Rooney passed a fitness test, SAF would not play him if he was 85% fit.

It would ensure the fitness would be above 90%. For example, in real life, Wayne Rooney passed a fitness test, SAF would not play him if he was 85% fit.

But he wouldnt know that Rooney is only 85%. Thats why they have the fitness tests. Whereas we have a exact indication as to what the condition of the player is.

If a player as an orange marker and a fitness of 75%, passes a fitness test on the morning of the match.... his fitness would shoot upto +90%? Or am I reading this wrong?

But he wouldnt know that Rooney is only 85%. Thats why they have the fitness tests. Whereas we have a exact indication as to what the condition of the player is.

If a player as an orange marker and a fitness of 75%, passes a fitness test on the morning of the match.... his fitness would shoot upto +90%? Or am I reading this wrong?

That's a fair point Bradmonk.

I don't think there would be a point in the fitness test if someone passes it and there condition is only 80% as no-one would play them. I think that if someone passes the fitness test, there condition is between 90% to 95%. The whole point of the fitness test is to ensure that a player can play the game, and should last 90 minutes.

The game tomorrow between Man Utd and Arsenal, Vermallian (spelling) will have a fitness test. If he passes, Arsene Wenger will play him with the aim of completing 90 minutes.

Hope that helps :)

Hope that helps :)

Ermm, nope not really. :p

A player who has +90% fitness wouldn't have an injury.

I think they only way it could be in the game was if we werent able to see a players condition at all, as in real life. But since we 'know' what the players condition is, that he does have a major / minor injury and if he is of adequate fitness to play, we can make correct judgments.

The reason players have fitness tests is in real life is so club staff can guage a players condition, since Rooney doesnt have a 'fitness percentage indicator' on his person.

Perhaps not get so hooked on the condition.

The fitness test, if someone is preparing to return from an injury, is to be used to determine whether or not a person plays. If someone took a slight knock in the last game, this could be used to determine whether or not to play him.

Ermm, nope not really. :p

A player who has +90% fitness wouldn't have an injury.

I think they only way it could be in the game was if we werent able to see a players condition at all, as in real life. But since we 'know' what the players condition is, that he does have a major / minor injury and if he is of adequate fitness to play, we can make correct judgments.

The reason players have fitness tests is in real life is so club staff can guage a players condition, since Rooney doesnt have a 'fitness percentage indicator' on his person.

Sorry Bradmonk :)

I think we're getting to hooked up on the condition. The fitness test, which is commenly used, determines whether a player is fit to return after a slight knock the previous game. If the condition is poor, then the player should be injured. For example, if Wayne Rooney hurt his knee, but was predicted to be out 6-7 days, his condition is not gonna drop down to 75-80%. Midweek, SAF has a game and he puts Rooney on a fitness test... if he passes, he is FIT to play the game.

Naturally, if a player has a long term injury, it's not needed. Verminllion (spelling again, sorry) has his fitness test tomorrow after injuring his leg. It is being reported as a slight injury. If he passes the test, he is fit to play (95%-100%).

I think condition is being worried about to much... condition is where someone has played alot and they are tired, or been out for 3 months and no game time. If someone is out for 10 days, 2 weeks, they are not going to lose condition.

I though Vermaelen had something pretty serious? I read he broke something? Anyway...

I don't know what you want. DO you want to abandon the current condition stat?

Say my striker is out, and he's got an orange Inj tag with 80% condition. I ask him to take the test and I assume there are two possible outcomes:

a) he doesn't pass, condition stays at 80%

b) he passes (why haven't my physios told me before?), what happens to his condition?

I completely disagree with this idea UNLESS it was very different to how you suggest it.

If this was included then I would like to see it like this:

The fitness test is used so your physios can have a proper look at the players injury and give you their opinion on the injury and whether it is likely to get worse if the player plays with it.

I think the fact that we can already see every player's condition serves as a fitness test, no? If a player has an orange tag, it means he could play but he is not fit.

Running a fitness test on a player like this and he passes, why would his condition magically improve? Just because he passed the test it shouldn't make it so his condition improves. I consider this fitness test to be behind the scene in a sense, and the condition that we see in the game is just the result of various fitness tests.

It's a nice idea but as above, I don't really see much point. We already have an exact figure for condition which is surely what a fitness test would prove? As long as we have access to the condition, then we know if the player is fit or not.

could work in a way.. say if the player is orange, you have the option to give a fitness test.. If he passes goes back to normal and a slight % boost on condition, but if he fails his injury is increased by a set amount of time say 10% of his original injury. and if you choose not to test you just run the risk as if you played him in the match on orange

It's a nice idea but as above, I don't really see much point. We already have an exact figure for condition which is surely what a fitness test would prove? As long as we have access to the condition, then we know if the player is fit or not.

I can see where you are coming from.

But from our point of view, we have an indicator. In real life, a manager does not know if the player is going to be fit. For example, Thomas Vermaelen passed a fitness test today and played. If he had failed, he wouldn't have. The only way Wenger found out is by doing the test.

If it was implemented, I know, it would have to be looked at, but it was just a thought. Thanks for all the great feedback though :)

Archived