Non-Fifa Nations

I think for stuff like awards, like say the Olympics where East Germany won it or came runner up once, so they are there just for that purpose. Thats why Burma, South Vietnam are in.

Pays Basque is because Athletic Bilbao only buy Basque players, therefore Pays Basque is needed for those players to have as a nationality or else Bilbao wouldn't be able to buy anyone.

Monaco as there are Monaco nationality players in the game, as well as the team in the French league of the same name.

I remember last years game some one had their club bought by takeover by a tycon from the USSR!!! Twenty years too late.

I had this on mine, Numancia were taken over by a tycoon from Yugoslavia! :confused:

Then appointed Fabregas as manager! ;)

Last time I checked (and I was there), Monaco was still a nation, so despite them not having a national football team recognized by FIFA, there can be Monegasque football players/staff in the game, although the chance of that happening is quite slim.

Pays Basque are required to enforce the "All Basque" policy at Athletic Bilbao (and in some other team?), so the Basque identity-nationality has to be used in the game.

Then I suppose the other, actually defunct, nations are there for historical accuracy?

Archived