Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 PC version support - Where to find?

Gentlemen,

Good evening. Lot of late night owls here. So I know I will find someone in the know. Please assist if you can.

What I have is a SEGA Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 - version as sold in US/North America? The copy I have came via Amazon.com (And did this very same/identical PC game come under a different name in the UK? If so, what name? Would help to know when looking for support. Thanks.)

Looking at this Community site and the official one?? I -- as yet -- see no place for ANY info going back to the Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 PC game. None. (Maybe I am just blind? Age is indeed creeping up on me...) It seems that the focus here is 90% on the 2010 game and the remaining 10% of info for the 2009.

This makes perfect sense; it is all about making a profit. And, logically, the newer versions should be better than the older. So everyone would logically want to be playing the best possible.

However, I am looking for what must have been a couple of official SEGA/Sports Interactive bugfixes/dowloads/patches for the Worldwide Soccer 2008 PC game version. There were several, correct? (probably released in Nov./Dec. 2007 and then Jan./Feb. 2008?)

Where does one find them? (the official ones)

Last: Am I to understand that there are very significant differences between this North American version of the PC game and its 'original' UK counterpart? If so, what are they? And do these signficant differences also exist in the 2009 and current 2010 PC game versions?

Thank you all. I know that the focus here is very much the latest, current 2010 game. So I do appreciate the help with this 2008 version. Cheers, Carl

The original name is simply 'Football Manager 2008'. The only difference is terminology used within the game (i.e. soccer instead of football, etc.). As for where you can download the 8.0.2 patch (last one released for that version, I'm not sure but you can probably google for it quite easily)

Archived