Strange Contract Issue

I took over Inter in Jan when they 15th. I bought an MR for 40mill.

Finished the Season in 9th.

Next season I finished 4th.

But now loads of my players won't negotiate contracts including my top scorer and the MR I bought last season.

Is club rep the problem? But I have improved the league finishing last season.

And doesn't explain why a player would sign for a club in 15th but not renew for a club in 4th & in the Champ. Lg.

So what's going on?

It sounds like Inter are a middle club at best in your game. Players therefore want to move to bigger clubs.

The MR probably moved to your team from someone smaller than you, which is why he originally signed for you. He also seems to want to move to a bigger club.

Have other clubs declared an interest and unsettled him?

It annoys me when I find a player I want and have to pay way over the odds which is fair enough but then next season when his value returns to normal other clubs make bids barely over his value, which is still not even half what I paid for him, and when I negotiate to at least get my money back they withdraw their offer and he becomes angry at not being allowed to move :rolleyes: and doesn't want to sign a new contract. If they want to move to a bigger club SO badly, then they shouldn't even sign in the first place.

I am in my 7th season.

I managed LFC for 4 1/2 years before been sacked. I usually finished around 7th with LFC.

I took over Inter in Jan and finished 9th and then 4th last year.

My rep is national.

At Madrid have been declaring interest in the MR for the last month. At Mad came 4th last season (no better than Inter).

It seems to be a rep issue but why At Mad who seem to be no better.

What nationality is the MR? Maybe you can get one of his favoured personnel. The annoying part of FM is that it seems to quickly forget historical importance of a team. Example being clubs who have not won anything for ages but are still big clubs, the game fails to recognise this. Eg irl, Juventus, PSG, Monaco to name but some.

What nationality is the MR? Maybe you can get one of his favoured personnel. The annoying part of FM is that it seems to quickly forget historical importance of a team. Example being clubs who have not won anything for ages but are still big clubs, the game fails to recognise this. Eg irl, Juventus, PSG, Monaco to name but some.

*cough* Man City *cough* 34 years *cough*

:D

I wouldnt categorise them as big. They are famous for lending Man Utd their stadium during the war due to bombing, apart from that they had Peter Reid and Uwe Rosler, not exactly a ground breaker!

They've been made big simply because of the amount of money the've spent.

Trust me, if I'm saying they're big (I'm a United fan) they're big. ;)

Currently 3 of my first teamers want to leave - MR (French), ML (Dutch) and my best DC (Portuguese).

They all want to leave for a bigger challange. Last summer I had to sell my top scorer (Italian) for the same reason.

I am going to try and get through the season and then sell the 3 players and buy new player with lower reps but hopefully good potentials (if I am not sacked before then).

The annoying thing is that I believed I had a good chance in winning the league this season.

Archived