Can I be fired for a consortium taking over?

I'm managing Newcastle, begining of third season.

- Firts season I won the Championship

- Seconde season was 5th in Premiership, and lost the England Cup Final to Man City

Now, in beggining of 3rd season, the President (Mike Ashley) wants to step down, and a consortium is interested in buying the club, and anounced if they do so Alan Shearer will be their manager! Because of that the present direction mande a transfer embargo until the situation on the take over is clear!

Can I be fired just like that although the good results? I want to manager Newcastle for 10 seasons!!

It depends, I've survived 3 take-overs at the same club, just because i was deemed to be moving the club forward

When the new owners are highly amitious it can be much harder to keep your job, being 3rd halfway through the season was not 'good' enough and i was fired at different club later in the same savegame.

In FM2008 I got a very poor Everton side back into the Premier League via the Play Offs and after staying up in the Premier League I managed to get a bunch of promising players who were on the cusp of doing well in the Premier League. Only problem was I kept on drawing lots of games and was just outside the relegation zone however you could feel the potential bubbling over. Anyway a consortium takes em over and they sack me! So I left England to take over Roma and never looked back! :)

Archived