Every player loaded

I've just started a new game where i've loaded every player that exists in the database beforehand. Has anyone else done this, the game doesn't appear to be too slow on my quad core with 4gb of ram and I have leagues from about 10 countries running. Will the game ground to a halt in coming months?

I've just started a new game where i've loaded every player that exists in the database beforehand. Has anyone else done this, the game doesn't appear to be too slow on my quad core with 4gb of ram and I have leagues from about 10 countries running. Will the game ground to a halt in coming months?

:eek: My poor little computer would blow up if I tried that!

Playing with all leagues on playable, 181,500 players and 87,000+ non-players (staff etc) loaded, currently on Aug 2016.

Win7 Ultimate 64bit, Quad-Core Pentium @2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 9600GT Card (512MB), SATA II Disks etc.

Not exactly "state of the art" machine, in fact it's a bit dated I guess - built it myself like a year and a half ago.

Game runs just as smoothly as when I first launched it.. meaning, giving me a couple of mins to browse these forums between each match :) - seriously tho, if I were to go on holiday for a week (so it doesn't pause) it would take like 3-4mins.

Pretty much acceptable - oh and no crash dumps whatsoever after 10.2

Definitely (and I can' stress that enough) worth the idle time "spent" in return for realism added - I can elaborate if anyone is curious as to what I mean by "realism added".

Elaborate, please

Sure thing

Well to keep it short with an example:

Started a save managing Redditch (well I always manage Redditch buy hey :D) loading just all the UK & Ireland leagues on playable.

16 years later I win the EPL along with FA Cup and Champions League - ok nothing too strange here. Whereas in the EPL I had to use every trick in the book and try really really hard to be the champion, the Champions League was a walk in the park. Meanwhile on the same year I'm also managing England and win the World Cup without conceding, beating Brazil 5-0 in the final. Game over for me.

Simply put: Apart for UK & Ireland where the leagues were active and "alive", the rest of the world went to sleep football-wise.. Many teams got bankrupt, sold their best players, failed to win any non-domestic cups and as all the "real" players retired after these 16 years, 90% of the "good" players were now playing in the UK (where teams had the funds and reputation to attract them).

I could go an and add how a league on playable (even more a whole league-structure, including lower leagues) can really make a difference on how the specific nation's "FM-Football-Future" plays out but I think my point is obvious. Just think about how different it is for players to get involved in real (as in: played out in full) matches and the results on their fitness, morale, relations, reputation, injuries, progress - in comparison to "just-calculated" matches. While in the Champions League after 16 years of gameplay I was facing teams with 2-5 "grey" players in their starting lineups, all in 100% condition, teams with no injuries, teams with "OK" morale for all players, no "worries" or "morale-boosting" indicators in their status (like "Feels he was treated unfairly" etc)..

ok so not so short a post after all ;)

I have 3Gb RAM here on Vista 64-bit Premium. How many players could I realistically load? When I load 5-7 nations on a large DB it says my game performance and speed will be half a star. That's only about 34,000 players :/

My comp easily handles running about 12 different countries with about 70 leagues on large database I did mean every player from every continent (comes to about 248,000) players in the database. This game is unplayable unless I watch all series of Lost at the same time, otherwise it's too boring

Archived