Immediate replacements for sacked managers

I've done a search and couldn't find a similar topic, apologies if the issue has already been raised.

Given recent real-life examples where managers are being sacked and replaced immediately - Hughes/Mancini at City and Ferrara/Zaccheroni at Juve spring to mind - I just thought it would be an interesting feature to add to the game.

I mean this: if another club in the game wants you to replace their current manager, it would be nice to be able to negotiate terms with their board/chairman while their manager is still in place (if you're employed even with your own board's consent after they've agreed compensation with the interested club, much like it is now but with your board actually knowing you're negotiating: Owen Coyle - Burnley/Bolton). Or even extend this to managers whose contracts are running out and which will not be renewed: rather than start looking for a replacement after the contract is expired, the club can already negotiate terms with another manager and have his contract start e.g. the day after the current manager's runs out (just like signing players on a Bosman months in advance).

Just a thought.

This already happens in the game sometimes. While you can't actively negotiate with the board while they still have a manager employed, sometimes while I am unemployed they have sacked a manager and immediately offered me the job.

Also I've seen a manager leave and the assistant manager immediately gets promoted to manager, not caretaker mind you.

Archived