accidental cheat discovered

I discovered this little glitch by accident but felt the need to share it. I was creating a new player in the editor and got the date of birth all wrong. Putting in 2003 instead of 1993. It became apparent that the youngest age fm recognises is 14. so I investigated further created a player with red hot stats now born in 2019. What do you know I now have an automatic first choice player locked on a youth contract who is going to be 14 years old until 2034 :p

I think you're kind of missing the point. Let him play the way he wants, the editor is there to be used. He is simply pointing out that he has found a way to create a player who will remain 14 for several years.

It would honestly be pretty weird. Strange that he would even start in the database with a birth year of 2019 although i guess you can't expect him to magically appear in the game in 2019 or even in 2034 when he's actually supposed to be 14.

I love the fact that the general assumption is that I created a player for a team I was managing. Actually it was for a non league team. The first one was a genuine attempt to see what would happen in the career of a very good youngster starting at a very small club. But after the mistake with dob just wanted to see if my suspicions on youngest available age regardless of dob were true. As an aside to those purists who seem intent on playing the game properly, do you share scouting tips or is that cheating?

I remember that being possible in previous FMs also. A mate and I were so fed up with tat re-gens coming through that we created about 100 of them over the course of a few months but put them all at no club and with agreed transfers for x years in advance. Because they weren't playing they came in with no history; only thing you had to do was make sure their reps were really low otherwise they all got international appearances before ever playing for a club.

Not sure if thats still possible of course but assume it would be

Archived