Starting Unemployed

I usually like to start the game unemployed, and work my way up. Now, I'm not necessarily complaining, but...

I was offered the Plymouth Argyle job?! I selected Italian leagues to Serie C2, and the English leagues to League 2. I have also set my past experience to "automatic".

Do you think this is normal, or a bit odd? It's quite a high profile job for a manager without any experience.

I usually like to start the game unemployed, and work my way up. Now, I'm not necessarily complaining, but...

I was offered the Plymouth Argyle job?! I selected Italian leagues to Serie C2, and the English leagues to League 2. I have also set my past experience to "automatic".

Do you think this is normal, or a bit odd? It's quite a high profile job for a manager without any experience.

When selecting "automatic" as your experience you are given a reputation that allows you to get a job in the lowest league you have selected which is what happened.

Plymouth are Championship. Surely Serie C2A/B is the lowest league? Or League 2?

Sorry of course they are :D

Not sure then but its a reputation issue, maybe Plymouths is fairly low even though they are a Championship side or perhaps automatic has given you a reputation slightly higher than it should.

What does automatic actually mean if you start unemployed?
When selecting "automatic" as your experience you are given a reputation that allows you to get a job in the lowest league you have selected which is what happened.

It's a few posts above your post...

You wouldnt be the first manager to get a half decent job without any experiance, They are taking a punt and your unemployed and willing so no compensation needs to get paid.

I started of unemployed and tried for the luton job and got turned down. Ended up at kettering now challenging for the prem

I have around 20 or so countries in my game - with the 8th level of the English pyramid being the lowest. There's also an expanded Scottish, German, Italian and Spanish setup that goes way down; yet I got offered the Airdrie United job straight away. Probably not the size and reputation of Plymouth, but I did expect to start lower than this.

I don't mind anyway, I'm enjoying this save regardless. :D

Archived