Scouting tips

Just wondering how do people usually set their scouts to achieve best results?

Nations? regions? competitions??

I personally usually stick to the roaming type assignments so that they are continuous and get good results. I find that scouting nations will privide a few recommendations and ive im not concentrating i may forget to re-assign the scout.

so what do you do and what comps/nations/regions do you find best?

for me its always:

Premiership

Serie A

La Liga

Germany

South America

and ill add other comps or regions if im a bigger club with more scouts

also a quick question - do you need players loaded from a particular nation to actually find players or regens? eg: i rarely load up scandanavian leagues and therefore very rarely find players in these regions? same with Sth American nations other than argentina or brazil (because i load players from here)

Cheers.

I will usually send scouts on the roaming assignments to UK & Ireland, South America, Central Europe and one of the African choices. I do this so there is a good range of countries and so that my scouting knowledge develops due to the scout visiting countries I do not yet have in my scouting knowledge.

Depending on how many scouts you are allowed and where your allowed to send them, i always scout the U-18 of the league im managing in, along with Italy U-18 and Spain U-18. I also scout both Euro cups, along with Brazil and Argentina. The rest i send anywhere that my scouting knowledge is weak in.

do you guys find you need players loaded from the nation/region to get any results?

I load them usually yeah. But Ive always done that, i like to be able to find a lot of players to choose from. I think my career game at the moment has about 105,000 players loaded or somethin like that?

I always send my scouts out to the U19 competitions of all active leagues. But honestly, they hardly ever find anyone there. If they come with a recommendation, it's most often a 2.5 stars potential player. :(

For the rest I send my scouts out to as many leagues as possible, while visiting the 5 big European leagues twice a year. That works well.

Aside of that, and this often proves to be very fuitful :), I 'manually' scouts the U21 or national teams of quite a few nations (also depending which club I am - no need to scout the English U21 when you are a L1 club) and send my scouts to scout all regens which are in those teams. Makes me spot many of the greatest regens gems before I would see them scouted in another way. On top of that I also don't consider this as 'unfair' as the AI regularly signs real gems within days after they were created...

hth :)

I think you can select "load all players from... (country)" and that would give you good results from that country.

However.

In a long term game, you need the clubs to be active (and therefore the leagues in that country) in order for them to produce the new gens.

I personally send my scouts covering most places mentioned above, but on occasions I would search for a player myself and get my scout to scout them. Sometimes I come up trumps and find a wicked player this way!

Archived