Your Best FM Experience

Title pretty much sums it up. The time where you felt awesome, like you've finally accomplished something, made it to the top or gotten past a big obstacle.

Mine has to be just recently, when I won the Northern Irish Premier Division with Knockbreda, and then made it to the group stages of Champions Cup, oh all that money and success! :D

Winning the Blue Square South with AFC Wimbledon on FM09, I seem to remember it being down to the last match and pipping our nearest opponents within a point or two. Was so happy, I punched the air, ran around the room a bit and celebrated with some Mint Vienetta. :p

Edit: Oh, and beating Liverpool with Gravesend & Northfleet in the FA Cup 3rd Rnd on CM03/04. I think it was 1-0 and our tactics were absolutely perfect, defending like real troopers.

beating England 4-3 in the QF of the world cup 2010 in FM07 wit ireland !!!! was winning spain 1-0 in the SF but lost 1-2 AET !!!!! but i dont care about the SF....... that 4-3 win will stay with me forever !!!!!!!

Oh and i spent many weekends in tilburg in holland from 2005-07 so started to get into willem ii. in FM06 i spent 11 seasons managing willem ii (no cheats or edit) won 3 dutch cups, 2 leagues and won the UEFA CUP ..... but the Best FM Experience was in the Champion League SF. was playing Man Utd, was 1-1 in the 2nd leg. they were winning on away goal !!!! in the 93rd min ....WE SCORED !!!!!!! I SCREAMED !!!!!!! .................... AMAZING !!!!!!!!

i was betis on fm 05-06 had a sweet team 2nd in la liga first season then won it the second and third and fourth seasons aswell as champions league twice!!! i had djibril cisse n pazzini upfront!!cisse with 51 goals in 50 games and pazzini with 39 in 47!!also purchased cristiano after floggin hleb to barcelona for 19 million even though i got him on a free the week before so i had to take advantage in the second season played him amc he had 38 goals 42 assists in 49 games unreal it was!!!

Winning the Champions League with Hammerfest on FM2007. Hammerfest started in the Norwegian 2nd division, and it took 14 years of hard work before I realised the dream I never thought I'd achieve.

I intend to start again at Hammerfest on FM2010. Nowadays they're in the Norwegian 3rd division. I've downloaded this division so I'm raring to go when the next patch is out. I'm not sure it can match the magic of the game on FM2007 though.

My current game with Rossendale United

09/10: 1st Unibond Division 1 North

10/11: 1st Unibond Premier

11/12: 1st Conference North. Won FA Trophy

12/13: 5th Conference National, lost in play-offs

13/14: 1st Conference National. Won FA Trophy

14/15: 3rd League 2 (promoted)

15/16: Currently 14th in League 1, 2 games still to play

winning in Premiership with LFC in my first season on FM2010. I won in second last round. The last one was against ManU at Anfield. Imagine that! Specially if you are Liverpool supporter ;)

Rooney scored in10th but then we scored 6 (4 from Stevie G.) and the game ended 6-3. Great stuff.

Title pretty much sums it up. The time where you felt awesome, like you've finally accomplished something, made it to the top or gotten past a big obstacle.

Mine has to be just recently, when I won the Northern Irish Premier Division with Knockbreda, and then made it to the group stages of Champions Cup, oh all that money and success! :D

Knockbreda, you say?

Well I guess for me, and keeping with the Knockbreda theme... my best FM Experience could be taken from any of the following :

- Paul Wallace, 1,069 Career Goals.

- Andrew Smylie, 3,100+ Knockbreda Goals.

- 3 Champions League Titles with Knockbreda.

- 42 Conescutive NIP Wins.

- 490 (I think) Ubeaten Streak in the NIP.

- Winning The Champions League, NIP, Antrim Cup, NI League Cup, NI Cup, Super Cup and Club World Championship in the space of 12 months.

I won the UEFA cup with Team Bath while I was in the championship, beating Bayern Munich on penalties. I had my longest-ever career game building up the club and eventually won the Champions League, at which point I stopped playing FM09 with a real sense of achievement. Just picked up FM10...bye life.

probably nothing compared to some of the things I've read but...

I went 10-men down with WBA against Wolves away after 8 minutes (Liedson sent off for twofooting Michael Kightly). Wolves then scored twice before halftime without reply. I gave the lads a spirited teamtalk at halftime which saw Ricardo Oliveira score 2 minutes in to the second half. Wolves scored again to make it 3-1 and I was staring defeat in the face. Then pops up Ricardo Oliveira again...3 more times actually. I won the game 3-4 and was I was so proud of myself.

It's one of the following for me.

Getting Veldwezelt promoted to the 2nd division of Belgium.

In one of the older CM's as Anderlecht in one of the European cup competitions against one of the clubs from Moskou (I don't rember which one). I had lost the home game with 5-1. The first thing to happen in the away game was my GK getting sent off. We go 3-0 down, making it 3-1 (8-2 on aggregate) just before half time. Somehow in the first part of the second half we manage to get to 3-3. Then in the last 15 minutes we manage to get the score 3-7 and an injury-time goal makes it 3-8, seeing us go through 8-9 on aggregate.

I don't have much FM experience so my best moments aren't quite of the level of some people but:

- Winning the Scottish Third Division in my second season with Forfar Athletic, partly because it was my first ever (proper) FM career. We went unbeaten for all but the last 3 games and absolutely stormed the league after being pretty pathetic the season before. I had turned things around spectacularly. Then in the Second Division i was 3rd in the play-offs at around February, but i didn't finish the season to see how that ended. I wouldn't have won the play-offs though since they include a First Division club and i was punching above my weight to begin with.

- Taking Molde FK from the Norwegian First Division (tier 2) to the UEFA Cup in consecutive seasons - i won the First Division title and came 2nd in the Premier League. Unfortunately, it was also one of my worst moments as we were under 5 minutes away from winning the Premier League title, having been miles behind Brann for ages. They seemed certs to win the title, but lost their last three games and if we had held on to our 3-2 lead in the final game we would have won it. We didn't. :( They scored in injury time after my young right-back gave away the ball. Also i didn't get to play the UEFA Cup because i didn't finish the next season (it took me a while to get through the matches) and the league/UEFA Cup dates are different for Norway (league starts around March or April).

- Not a story of winning silverware, but i do remember one amazing game in a short-lived career with Blyth Spartans. It was the first FA Cup game i was involved in and we were against a lower league team. They were tougher than i expected and had taken a 3-2 lead early in the second half; i was staring at being an FA Cup upset victim. Things got worse around the 85th minute when my keeper rushed out, fouled their striker in the box and got sent off. They scored from the penalty to make it 4-2 and boasted a man advantage for the remaining minutes. Game over? All i had left was to throw everyone forward. Not too long after the restart, we played the ball down the right, my right-winger skipped past one player and put a cross in which somehow beat the keeper in what was a total fluke. Then in the final minutes we were hammering the ball into their box and managed to somehow scramble the ball over the line, salvaging our dignity and earning a replay. Phew. It felt awesome to come back like that from the dead. (I got banned by the FA for the replay after slagging off the ref, so my assistant took charge: we won the replay 4-1. I think it was my tactics. :o)

My current game with Hearts is pretty awesome, fourth season and top of the league by 5 points after 25 games. Have finished 3rd, 3rd, 4th in previous seasons but look good for at least a top 2 finish this time.

Plus have done it by signing mostly young players who were out of contract on free transfers, so have a massive (for this level) transfer budget should I need it :thup:

FM 06 (oh how I miss that game sometimes). 37 seasons, 3 Serie A titles (with Inter), 5 Spanish Premiera Titles (with Barca (3), Real Madrid and At. Madrid), 3 Champions League wins (2 Inter, 1 Barca), World Club Championship (Inter), started it off in 2006 with Hereford United. In between, managed Canada (3 straight World Cup berths), Luton Town, Genoa (brought them up from the Serie B). Sorry for rambling but I've never duplicated that success with any other FM game thus far.

Managing standard in the belgian league, and i just made it to the quarter finals of the CL where i met Real. After miraculously drawing 1-1 in Bernabeu, i was still worried about the return. The following had me cheering all night long :D

standardmadrid.jpg

Joined Lunds BK from the fourth league in Sweden in the second season. built an amazing sqaud and completed a perfect season (all wins) including a cup win, all in my first season at the club.

Archived