Reserve Team

Ok so I'm managing Dorcester, Season 1 on Fm 09, and I have to move up my entire reserve team to field a first team.

What happens when I have a reserve game? I don't want to play my top team for those games or my youth players, as the depth and fitness would and is be awful. Would I just forfeit and get relegated? That would be fine by me.

Thanks for any help:)

Ok so I'm managing Dorcester, Season 1 on Fm 09, and I have to move up my entire reserve team to field a first team.

What happens when I have a reserve game? I don't want to play my top team for those games or my youth players, as the depth and fitness would and is be awful. Would I just forfeit and get relegated? That would be fine by me.

Thanks for any help:)

I think you'll either have your youth players play, or just some greyed out fillers inners

I think in first season you have to play reserves at beginning of next season you can always decline to enter a reserve and or under 18 team.

As a solution til your second season try making sure you control the reserves and move all you players to 1st team. Sometimes the game will generate greyed out players you can use instead. These players can also be offered contracts... great if your skint

I think in first season you have to play reserves at beginning of next season you can always decline to enter a reserve and or under 18 team.

Do you mean in my second season I can decide whether or not I want to be in a reserve league at all? Would that mean if I would decide to skip out the league, that the next season I do the league, I start out at the very bottom of the reserve league "pyramid". It's not really important I'm just wondering.;)

Thanks for the quick replys

Yes you can choose whether to enter teams into both reserve and under 18 leagus from start of the secon season onwards. Not sure what happens if you skip a year.. I thought reserve leagues were purely geographical.... Unsure whether they have promotion/relegation.

As for the greyed out players, I'm not sure what rules are used to generate them and when they become available.

Speaking of which.. I just got the game recently, Ive noticed that reserve squad doesnt have any matches scheduled. I scehduled weekly friendlies for them to keep match fit.

Is this an ok strategy?

Are you playing in a country that has reserve teams playing in a lower league, but in the same league structure as their 1st team?

An example of a country like this is Spain, where their B team play in the league below them.

If you're playing in one such country you might not have activated the league the B/reserve team was in.

Are you playing in a country that has reserve teams playing in a lower league, but in the same league structure as their 1st team?

An example of a country like this is Spain, where their B team play in the league below them.

If you're playing in one such country you might not have activated the league the B/reserve team was in.

Im currently playing Notts County and in season 1. So I think I am doing the right thing to keep my players fit, by scheduling friendlies for the reserve squad.

Archived