Job openings and the press

This has been bugging me and would like it to be somewhat cleared up so here goes:

When an AI club fires a manager and you get a message from the press in your inbox asking you to comment, does choosing "Decline to comment" stray you away/worsen your chances from potentially getting that job or does it even come into account (club already has unemployed/employed manager X as their first target and the press speculates you're their first target)?

I've had a number of these messages asking for comment, which I've till now chosen "Decline to comment", and none of these clubs (horrible press! :p) have made an offer. Possible case of overthinking it by my part?

um not really mate i think its supposed to give you 3 offers show you want the job increase your chances of getting it by commenting you want it, not commenting basically your giving nothing away wont worsen your relationship with current club nore will you be more in the picture for the potentiall job like you would if you say yes and no is self explanitory FULL CONFIDENCE from your current club but ive said no then days later been offerd the job anyway, the only way to know youve made the right descision is that you have a job after commenting dont say to the press you want the Manchester city job after 2 years with leeds with automatic reputation you will end up jobless!

i hope this helps

I chose "Decline to comment" and Inter still wanted me. I'm pretty sure they won't make an offer if you click "deny".

Not true, I've denied a load of rumours linking me with jobs and I still get offered those positions.

The one main thing you don't want to do is say that you want the job, as it'll put you in you're current clubs bad books and you may not even be offered it....

It happened to me on FM09, I was managing Darlington and had just guided them to back to back promotions and a League Cup Semi Final, and the Villa Job became available. As I had Villa set as my favourite club (considering I support them) I had the rumours come through and made the mistake in thinking that I was a cert for the job, so I said I was interested and applied for the job. Darlington Sacked me and Villa hired Michael Laudrup......:(

Archived