Where to place patch

do you need to download previous patches before 10.2?

No

It says version and only gives me the option of the 1 version and the 2 default skins yet ive downloaded and extracted my own ??

This is what make me think you are talking about the database.

You don't get options for the patch, you don't get to select which patch you use. Once applied that is the version of the game you are running.

When you start a game you get to choose what database to start with.

From your front screen select "Preferences" then on the top of the screen it should read "Football Manager 2010 Version 10.2"

It doesnt mate says version 10.0 so aint got a clue ? maybe try downloading again but seems pointless

Ok, start from the beginning.

1) Where did you get FM & what type is it? (Box copy, Steam, Direct Download or Other)

2) Where did you get the patch from and what size is it?

3) What did you do with it exactly?

Ok its a boxed copy, i downloaded from SI website and the file is 179,820kb then i compressed and extracted it on winace then it makes another file that is 178,388kb. I then start the game and on the front screen go to preferences yet it only says football manager version 10.0. ?

Ok its a boxed copy, i downloaded from SI website and the file is 179,820kb then i compressed and extracted it on winace then it makes another file that is 178,388kb. I then start the game and on the front screen go to preferences yet it only says football manager version 10.0. ?

Ok, you need to make sure you have the right patch.

The link below is the patch thread which gives you three options for downloading the PC, Boxed version (I presume you have the PC version):

Patch Link

Once downloaded check to see if the file ends in ".exe" if not rename the file by adding ".exe"

Then just double click the file and it will automatically extract itself and update your FM.

Ok il try that with .exe when its done. But thats the 1 ive downloaded can i not change name now ?

Don't know :(

Probably best to download again to be sure or you could end up having to uninstall and reinstall the game if it screws it up.

ive just tried adding the patch was going fine then got a message saying error a sahring violation has occured have i downloaded the wrong patch or something had no problems before(this is on a new pc tho?)

Make sure you close down FM before you apply the patch. It's hard to repair a wheel that's in motion ;)

Archived