A Manager's Wages!

No as that would be "Football Owner", as opposed to football manager

I'm not suggesting be owner you have a chairman and you can fund it and you are a shareholder but just a manager like normal and have no real say except to put your money in.

The lower the wages the more likely the board would be willing to offload you if you don't perform because they wont have to pay out as much compensation. It does have a purpose and I think it should stay as it is because I don't think spending it on things adds anything to the gameplay. If you are desperate to spend wages however then I'm sure there are other games that will quench that thirst.

It would be good if family life played a part on the game like children and moving house etc. Not as in depth as 'what do you want to eat today?' But maybe holiday destinations, spouse attributes could pay a part on stress levels and moving house...Kids stuff as well maybe

It would be good if family life played a part on the game like children and moving house etc. Not as in depth as 'what do you want to eat today?' But maybe holiday destinations, spouse attributes could pay a part on stress levels and moving house...Kids stuff as well maybe

What a daft idea!

I done pretty good actually :D

I ended up being paid £500,000 per WEEK on FM09...... PER WEEK!!!

I amassed a total carrer earnings of just shy of £680m, although i was Man Utd manager from the very start of the game until somebody bought me FM10, my game season ended at 2048/49 season. :D

And, it's possible to have chairmans.. I don't see your point :S
I ended up being paid £500,000 per WEEK on FM09...... PER WEEK!!!

I amassed a total carrer earnings of just shy of £680m, although i was Man Utd manager from the very start of the game until somebody bought me FM10, my game season ended at 2048/49 season. :D

Holy jesus, 680mil for career earnings is insane. Not bad for 40 odd years of managing :p

I want to be able to employ a load of prostitutes from my own salary to work as admin assistants in the club offices whilst wearing hardly any clothes. When are you going to add this SI? WHEN?

Aha if only, if only.

I want to be able to employ a load of prostitutes from my own salary to work as admin assistants in the club offices whilst wearing hardly any clothes. When are you going to add this SI? WHEN?

I agree with this - except change the word "prostitutes" to "willing assistants".

I agree with this - except change the word "prostitutes" to "willing assistants".

With a high finishing , heading, anticipation, jumping, positioning and technique as skills would be recommended.

I was paid £210k p/w at Man City for a while, then I resigned and went to Roma. They pay me a just £52k p/w. I know it takes it out of your wage budget, but I like to earn as much money as possible. I know it doesn't mean anything but 'Career Earnings' is a neat attribute to have; plus it gives you some more job security if the board have to pay a higher compensation to get rid of you.

I agree with the need to be able to do something with wages, even if it's just to negotiate it down.

Just looked at my last save game on 08. Total earnings of over £45mil with last wages at £275k per week. Am in year 2029, total value of players sold shocked me too: £ 2,029,000,000

As I managed Stalybridge for many years it would have been great to reduce my salary to almost zero so that I could afford to spend more on players.

I agree with the need to be able to do something with wages, even if it's just to negotiate it down.

Just looked at my last save game on 08. Total earnings of over £45mil with last wages at £275k per week. Am in year 2029, total value of players sold shocked me too: £ 2,029,000,000

As I managed Stalybridge for many years it would have been great to reduce my salary to almost zero so that I could afford to spend more on players.

If you want the game to be realistic, then what you would spend the money on is a big house, a good education for your kids, some random leisure pursuits (like Ferguson's racehorses or Wenger's stamp collection), and hookers for the office. The rest would be invested for retirement. Obviously none of that is appropriate for the game (would be a waste of everybody's time). I do like that the game tells you how much you have earnt over the course of your career, but I don't see any need to expand on it; it's just interesting to compare it with what you're actually gonna earn from a lifetime wasted on the dole because you spend too much time playing computer games.

Negotiating your wages down detracts from the realism, some people might even call it CHEATING (not me though, I couldn't really care less what you do with your game).

Oh and you know what else? I want to be able to spend my money on new foods and drink for my players to improve their performances and i want to put money back into the club i'm managing to improve facilities, seriously i don't need to eat. And then I've got to be able to buy a few streets and and build houses and hotels and charge other players for staying there and....oh wait, hold on...oh no sorry now i've got a game worse than FIFA manager.

I do like that the game tells you how much you have earnt over the course of your career, but I don't see any need to expand on it; it's just interesting to compare it with what you're actually gonna earn from a lifetime wasted on the dole because you spend too much time playing computer games.

haha agreed :).

it is a bit annoying because it drains finances even when money for wages/transfers is tight already, obviously the wage cant go down to £1 or something (though managers have voluntarily worked for very little - Rangers this season comes to mind for me, im sure there are plenty of others) but the current trend doesnt reflect the actual amounts managers get paid in comparison to players. Maybe a scale could be put on it, e.g the top offer being the wage of the top-earning member of the squad and the lower being the average squad wage, which should be quite low if it includes all the youth players as well...?

Made me laugh so hard I coughed, coughed so hard I banged my head on the desk... Ouch:o

LOL i missed the original quote the first time viewing this!

Mind you does that not mean that 'Football Manager' is when you pump up a football and put it in a bag with a few others? "Few can manage those footballs the way this lad can" - Andy Gray [never said that]

Heres a wild idea.

The people wanting to spend their wages on a house and wife and kids and stuff can just go and buy the Sims 3.

Use a cheat/trainer to represent the wage you get in FM as the wage your guy gets in the sims.

That way you can sit and play Ken and Barbie and leave the rest of us to manage a football team.

Oh and you know what else? I want to be able to spend my money on new foods and drink for my players to improve their performances and i want to put money back into the club i'm managing to improve facilities, seriously i don't need to eat. And then I've got to be able to buy a few streets and and build houses and hotels and charge other players for staying there and....oh wait, hold on...oh no sorry now i've got a game worse than FIFA manager.

if i could voluntarily half my manager's wage in FM and have it, channelled into nutrition advice for my players which put 2 of them up by 1 stamina attibute point, and we won an extra game at the end of the season because they were slightly fitter i would do that!

On a simpler and more realistic level i would like half my massive wages to go on paying the players instead!

i was man utd manager on fm 09, because of the severe debt incurred through the glaziers take over i wanted to keep transfer and wage fees down bby buying in young players, difficult to do when the board pay you 400k per week. on total club manager you used to be able to put money you earned from wages back into the club, not sure if this would be a good idea to bring in or not.

If you want the game to be realistic, then what you would spend the money on is a big house, a good education for your kids, some random leisure pursuits (like Ferguson's racehorses or Wenger's stamp collection), and hookers for the office. The rest would be invested for retirement. Obviously none of that is appropriate for the game (would be a waste of everybody's time). I do like that the game tells you how much you have earnt over the course of your career, but I don't see any need to expand on it; it's just interesting to compare it with what you're actually gonna earn from a lifetime wasted on the dole because you spend too much time playing computer games.

Negotiating your wages down detracts from the realism, some people might even call it CHEATING (not me though, I couldn't really care less what you do with your game).

i dont see how its cheating at all mate, if its realism then surely the contract negotiations might be

Chairman: we can offer you 30k a week, or how about 50k?

Manager: is this coming out the budget for players?

Chairman: that will be the primary source

Manager: well i've spoken with that great midfielder of ours, i want to keep him here but his agent's filled his head with money and jewels and such evils, he's refusing to budge from 45k per week and we can only offer him 40 just now. And also ive seen this young goalie in the lower leagues, in fact my assman's tapped him up and it could go through no problem, dont worry it was in a busy station and no-one's heard of this boy yet so it's all good legal-wise, the thing is we could afford the transfer fee OR the 5k per week wages but not both. But say i took 20k, im happy enough with that, can we make sure these bits of business go through because i think it would be a big boost to the club.,

Chairman: yep, fine, i'll trust your judgement. You could have had 50k per week though, you mad man!

Manager: i'm not john terry, so i'll take a salary which is still crazy football money but is not holding the club to ransom.

Chairman: if only the players would take a bit less so we could use the savings to get them that better training ground!

Manager: yeah but they're selfish a**holes. So 20k and those deals i mentioned?

Chairman: done.

Needless to say, the extra 500k for the year went on the chairman's new villa and private golf course in Florida and also came in handy when it came to bribing his way out of a drink-driving charge. The midfielder now plays at another club and earns more than john terry, and the evil agent used his cut of the fee to buy the golf villa next-door to your chairman.

THAT's realism

i negotiate high as possible wages, always, it adds to game realism, and if you want to spend wages you are looking at "fifa manager" direction, which is 1 of only 2 swear phrases not caught by the filter, the other is "championship manager"

Archived