Spanish League Questions

I have a couple of questions.

What is the best way to keep your backups match fit while playin in Spain? If you're in England, you can send them down to the reserve whenever they aren't playing for the first team. In Spain, your reserve teams play in their own leagues, and there isn't free player movement between teams. I have players that I don't want playing in first team game for me, but I want them to be fit and available if someone ahead of them gets injured.

Second, how come it takes some ofmy players 730 days to gain Spanish citizenship and others 3650? How come some of my players like Jozy Altidore don'tcount as foreign players, even though he only has US and Haitian citizenship?

If your only worry is injuries, why not send them to your 'B' team and then transfer them back to your main club when injuries occur.

As far as i know, the player can be freely sent between clubs even outside the transfer window. I could be wrong.

Don't worry, it's true. That's the easiest way by far to keep them fit.

And as to the foreign things: I have no idea. I have the same thing with a few of my players, in that they don't have an EU nationality, but don't count as foreign. I DO know that if you hold a South American passport, you can gain Spanish nationality in only 730 days, whereas other countries take that longer period. Or was it an EU passport for 730? One of those, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

If your only worry is injuries, why not send them to your 'B' team and then transfer them back to your main club when injuries occur.

As far as i know, the player can be freely sent between clubs even outside the transfer window. I could be wrong.

First off, thats incorrect. B teams are treated like feeder clubs, so there are limitations on sending them between clubs. They cant be sent if theyve been registered at the main club and definitely cant be sent during the transfer window. Even if they could they wouldnt be registered so they couldnt play.

Secondly, about the nationalities - certain countries, due to historical reasons can gain a spanish passport after only a shorter time than expected. I except altidores is due to his haitian descent.

First off, thats incorrect. B teams are treated like feeder clubs, so there are limitations on sending them between clubs. They cant be sent if theyve been registered at the main club and definitely cant be sent during the transfer window. Even if they could they wouldnt be registered so they couldnt play.

Secondly, about the nationalities - certain countries, due to historical reasons can gain a spanish passport after only a shorter time than expected. I except altidores is due to his haitian descent.

Somehow SI must fix this. The players not playing should be able to transfer freely back and forth to a B-squad, that plays matches.

Anyone of SI that can confirm this problem is known and being worked on?

On the game, if I player is over 19 and plays for the "A" team, he can't play for any lower team that season. U-19 players don't need to be registered for the first team, so they can returnto the B/C/U-19 team after appearing for the first team. However, if I have a backup player who is over 19, he can't play for a lower team after playing for the first team, and can only be moved to the main squad during a transfer window and if there is an open number available.

Second, how come it takes some ofmy players 730 days to gain Spanish citizenship and others 3650? How come some of my players like Jozy Altidore don'tcount as foreign players, even though he only has US and Haitian citizenship?

In addition, players from the ACP countries—countries in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific that are signatories to the Cotonou Agreement—are not counted against non-EU quotas, due to the Kolpak ruling.

This is the reason.

Archived