Staff being lured out by smaller clubs

Hi,

I'm playing FM2010 on Mac (no patches). At the end of my season I got couple of my coaches, scouts moved to some other clubs (sometimes of lower reputation). But the last thing was really surprising. I play Liverpool. I had won the title in 2010 on the second last day. The last game was supposed to be with ManU at Anfield. Imagine the celebrations in front of fierce rivals. And what did my Assistant Manager Sammy Lee did? He accepted Sevilla's offer as a coach! Hmmm I don't think that would happened in real life ;) I mean he is former player, loves the club and even if he wanted to have sunbath in Spanish sun he would at least wait to after ManU game ;P

Anyway - anyone seen sth like that? Maybe it's fixed in one of the patches, but I don't want to loose my save so haven't installed them yet.

i usually offer a new contract if a coach looks like leaving. it oftens means they stay with me as well

With other staff I tried to offer better contracts with S. Lee I did not expect him to leave so I didn't... lesson learned. BTW I took my revenge - Arsenal hijack one of my scouts (average guy) so I hijacked 2 of Gunners best scouts with great knowledge of South America region ;).

I had a first team coach at Man City who wanted to leave to become manager at Toronto FC. Even though he had no shot at the job as the press indicated. Every 2 weeks or so he wanted to leave to go somewhere else. Eventually he accepted an offer to become assistant manager at Aston Villa.

Then I resigned from City and he quit as well, but somehow his agreement with Aston Villa was cancelled and he became unemployed. Well I went on to guide Spain through the World Cup, taking a year off from club management, and he didn't take any other offers. Eventually Roma offered me the job and I hired this same coach to my staff.

Now once again every few weeks he wants to go somewhere else. Why is he only interested in joining other clubs when he was employed? He was unemployed for a whole year and was never hired.

Archived