Start my own club?

hey guys i wana start my own club as we all do :D but im a technopobe and dont have a clue how to.I know how to get into the editor but from the its all gobbledygop if someone can point me in the right direction to a forum it would be much appreciated as i know alot off people will come on here and say wrong forum but i have searched for hours with no luck.Once again any help would be appreciated :D

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could start your own thread in the Editors forum. Or tell me what the problem is/what you don't understand, and I could answer your questions here. :)

i did start one but no responce like here so thought a mod would help me out with it

i basically am looking for a link to help with creating the whole club from top to bottom not sure if there is one tho

It's really quite simple. :) I'll talk you through it.

1. Open the Editor and load the database.

2. Click on the 'clubs' tab, and click 'new'.

A new club will be created. Then you simply have to go through each of the tabs on the left hand side, filling in all the relevent information.

I'd be happy to answer any further questions. :thup:

ok them i get how you do the stadium bit sure you can just search a stadium like you want and duplicate,but what do you do about staff/players.also i want to add the club in english league 1 how do i do that sorry for being abit thick lol just really wana give this editor ago :D

No problem. :)

You can copy an existing stadium by going to the 'stadium' tab and clicking on the arrow opposite the word 'stadium'. Then you simply type in the name of the stadium you want to copy, and double click on the right result.

To add new staff/players to the game, go back to the 'database' tab (in the top left hand corner). On the new menu that appears below, click on 'people'. Then click 'new'. You will be taken to an unnamed person screen, where you will be able to fill in all the details. You will have to redo this process for each new person you wish to add, unless you want to copy the first person you created over and over again.

To put the created club in the competition of your choosing, go back to your created club's tab, and click 'competitions'. Click on the arrow opposite the word 'division', click 'search', type in League 1, and double click on the correct result.

I think I got everything. :)

You can copy current players from other leagues. If you plan to put the created team in League 1 (oh yeah, you'll have to rebalance the teams, but we'll come back to that after we've done everything else ;)) then they can't be world class.

You could simply copy players from teams already in League 1, and then change their names?

For morale: 10-14

For reputation: 3500-4000

And thanks! :D

Yeah... you put in the numbers yourself...

So the attendance would be the current capacity.

The minimum attentance is the number of seats the stadium can be reduced to.

The maximum attendance is the number of seats the stadium can be expanded to before a new one must be built.

Then you have the training and youth setup numbers. For a team in League 2 , I suggest:

Training = 10-14

Youth Setip - 8 -12

Youth Academy = No (unticked)

It's no trouble. :)

We seemed to have skipped a few tabs though... have you added in a reserve team, done your finaces, tactical attributes, etc?

Chairman

Person Data

Adaptability = 5-15

Ambition = 7-12

Controversy = 10 roughly

Loyalty = Anything

Pressure = 8-12

Professionalism = 6-10

Sportsmanship = 8-12

Temprament = 6-8

Non Player Data

Ability and Reputation

Current Ability = 80-100

Potential Ability = 100-130

Current Reputation = 50-100

World Reputation = 0-30

Home Reputation = 50-100

All of the Tactical Attributes can be left alone, apart from Determination = 10 roughly

Non Tactical Attributes

Business = 10-15

Interference = 5-10

Patience = 10 roughly

Resources = How much money do you want him to have?

Board Confidence

Board Confidence = 75-100

Fan Confidence = 100 roughly

yeah managed to do the finances what with me being a financial advisor lol and the tactical attributes and dont want a reserve team

A team in League 1 would have a reserve team in real life, but okay.

I've been looking through the current League 1 team's Directors, and none of them have any serious attributes. Maybe just do these ones, incase there's a board takeover from within and one of them becomes your chairman.

Non Player Data - Non Tactical Attributes

Business = 5-15

Interference = 5-15

Patience = 5-15

Resources = I suggest random numbers from 1-20 so if there's a takeover you have a chance of getting a guy with a lot of money or someone with none.

If you don't assign the clubs players I believe the game gives you some regens.

He's creating players though...

A team in League 1 would have a reserve team in real life, but okay.

I've been looking through the current League 1 team's Directors, and none of them have any serious attributes. Maybe just do these ones, incase there's a board takeover from within and one of them becomes your chairman.

Non Player Data - Non Tactical Attributes

Business = 5-15

Interference = 5-15

Patience = 5-15

Resources = I suggest random numbers from 1-20 so if there's a takeover you have a chance of getting a guy with a lot of money or someone with none.

He's creating players though...

ok just doing that now mate

That is a massive assumption. I think you'll find that a lot of sides don't

First thing I do when I go to a club is ditch the reserve team

In League 1, I think you'll find most teams have a reserve side.

To each his own and everything, but that's plain stupid. Where are the players who aren't playing the 1st team going to retain match fitness? Where are players going to come back from injury from? Where are youngsters too old to play for the U18, but not good enough for the 1st team, going to play?

Somehow I don't think you thought that comment through.

In League 1, I think you'll find most teams have a reserve side.

To each his own and everything, but that's plain stupid. Where are the players who aren't playing the 1st team going to retain match fitness? Where are players going to come back from injury from? Where are youngsters too old to play for the U18, but not good enough for the 1st team, going to play?

Somehow I don't think you thought that comment through.

As a supporter of a league one team, I know that we don't have a reserve team, neither do numerous other clubs that play in our league. I know that for a fact.

As for your questions - they will train until they are almost fit, and then they will be slowly reintroduced from the bench. Youngsters between 18yo and first team ability will play at another club, on loan. It works, so I don't see the need to spend vital wages on a reserve side, which has players who are not the desired quality for my team.

As a supporter of a league one team, I know that we don't have a reserve team, neither do numerous other clubs that play in our league. I know that for a fact.

As for your questions - they will train until they are almost fit, and then they will be slowly reintroduced from the bench. Youngsters between 18yo and first team ability will play at another club, on loan. It works, so I don't see the need to spend vital wages on a reserve side, which has players who are not the desired quality for my team.

Simply training a player does not mean they will be match fit. Matches are required to get match fit, hence the name.

Simply training a player does not mean they will be match fit. Matches are required to get match fit, hence the name.

Hence why I said I would slowly reintroduce them from the bench

Unfortunately, a reserve side requires 11 players, and therefore 11 wages, and that is money that I think is better spent elsewhere.

Hence why I said I would slowly reintroduce them from the bench

Unfortunately, a reserve side requires 11 players, and therefore 11 wages, and that is money that I think is better spent elsewhere.

But you can't keep an entire 1st team squad match fit by introducing them from the bench, can you? Certainly not if you've got a large 1st team squad.

I'm sorry. I don't. It's annoying. :(

Okay, no problem.

We start in the same place the other guy did:

1. Open the Editor and load the database.

2. Click on the 'clubs' tab, and click 'add'.

A new club will be created. Once you've done that, we can go through each tab on the left hand side and fill in all the info. :)

ok i'm in the editor. Here's what I want to call the club, Predators FC. Nicknames will be The Vipers and The Devils. I've put in that but what else will i need to do? I have England at the nation but should predators be just the Short name and prdtrs be the 6 letter name? What do i do for Year founded, reserve team, Morale and Reputation?

Wait actually i will start off in the CC Championship.

Okay.

Name = Predators FC

Short Name = Predators

Six Letter Name = Prdtrs

Nickname = The Vipers

Second Nickname = The Devils

Year Founded = When do you want the club's history to start?

Status = If you're planning to start in the Championship it should be Professional.

Morale = 10-14

Reputation = 4500-6000

Reserve Teams

Click 'add'. A new sub menu will appear in the bottom left hand corner. In that one you can add in the Reserve team's name, division, etc.

The reserve team is your reserves. :confused:

Stadium

Click on the small arrow across from the word 'Stadium', and click 'search' on the drop down menu that appears. Now type in a current stadium you wish to take the name of and double click on the correct one. If you want a reserve stadium, do the same for the line below.

Attendance = (the current capacity of the stadium) Around 20000.

Minimum Attendance = (the number of seats your stadium can be reduced to) Around 10000.

Maximum Attendance = (the number of seats your stadium can be expanded to before you must build a new one) Around 40000.

Training = 14-18

Youth Setup = 13-17

Youth Academy = Yes

Do you want to come back to the Reserve team then?

Finances

General

Balance = How much money do you want your club to have?

Transfer Budget = As above.

Remaning Wage Budget = For a Championship team, I recommend roughly £20,000 to £25,000.

I've never been sure what a 'Public Limited Company' is, even though I feel I should. :o

Sugar Daddy = Do you want someone to pump money into your club and make it so you never go into admin?

Stadium Rental = Nothing, as you own the stadium.

Average Match Ticket Price = £15-£25

Average Season Ticket Price = £300-£400

Number of Season Ticket Holders = 20000-25000

Do all this and we can move onto the other Finance tabs. :)

just discovered in the B team part you can change what they are so i'm gonna get an U18 team and a Reserves team :D

Not sure what i should be putting for reputation and stadium amount and that though. So mind helping me on that after Finances?

Sure. No sweat. We'll finish the rest of the Finance tabs and then come back to the Reserve team.

Sugar Daddy

Foreground - Will continually give the club money. Lots of it.

Background - Will pump money into the club, but if you go up 1 or 2 levels he will cease to do so.

Underwriter - Will only top up the club's bank balance if it's in the red.

Lol.

Other Income

First up is giving you a Kit Sponser. Click the 'Add' button at the bottom of the screen, click on the drop down menu on the row that appears, and click on 'Kit Sponser'.

Amount = 750k-1.4mil.

Start Date = 1.7.2009

End Date = 30.6.(how many years do you want to run it for?)

Then tick the 'Renew Income' box. This will renew the deal when it runs out, meaning you continue to get cash.

It depends whether or not you want to tick the 'Fixed Value' box. Ticking it will make the number you put in the 'Amount' box to remain the value of the sponsership deal forever. Keeping it unticked will allow the value to fluctuate, becoming higher or lower.

Then you need a 'General Sponser'. Click the 'Add' button again, but this time click 'General Sponser' in the drop down menu.

Amount = 500k-1mil

You can do the same for all the other types of sponsers. These are the rough amounts a Championship team would recieve from each:

Government/Council Grant = 250k

Stadium Sponser = 750k-1.5mil

Individual TV Deal = 1mil

Other Income = 800k

Club Membership = 500k

The next tab is 'Debts'. Do you want any?

Archived