Really Confused- desperately need help

I love FM and have encountered a problem that has completely baffled me and stopped the game from working/progressing.

I manage Villareal and recently took over as England under 21s manager as well, have been doing well with them for the few games I've been in charge, and now I have a match but every player apart from two are ineligible. I can't call anyone else up as its so close to the game and I wouldn't want to anyway clearly (I want all my best players). I just don't get it, can someone please help.

I obviously can't play the game as I only have two players and I can't call anyone else up or skip the game. Help.

Worked thank you so much, but still don't get what happened, can anyone explain, don't want this to happen again

Are you patched up? I think there was a bug in the original release of the game that made the game see players who were actually available for the U21s, but were 21, as too old.

Are you patched up? I think there was a bug in the original release of the game that made the game see players who were actually available for the U21s, but were 21, as too old.

I am, but started that game when the game first came out, so didn't use the patch at first but don't know if that matters.

I am, but started that game when the game first came out, so didn't use the patch at first but don't know if that matters.

I don't know for sure, but some of the problems with the original game that were fixed with the patches, requires a new game before they take effect, or at least a new season.

Are you still in the same season?

Some fixes aren't applied until the end of the season and you may have to start a new save at worst.

Was this a friendly by chance? During U21 qualifications, players who are eligible for U21 squads but later become too old still maintain their eligibility through the entire qualification period. However, this doesn't apply to friendlies so all those players become ineligible and you basically have to redo the entire squad.

Was this a friendly by chance? During U21 qualifications, players who are eligible for U21 squads but later become too old still maintain their eligibility through the entire qualification period. However, this doesn't apply to friendlies so all those players become ineligible and you basically have to redo the entire squad.

I think it may have been a friendly but it wouldn't let me change the players anyway, and they weren't to old either.

Archived