Too Much money ?

Hi.

My Manger style is very much Buy youth players for 40-50K and then sell them for 7-10 Million or so... Call me silly be it strikes me as good business.

However.. it very very quickly gets to the point where you have WAY too much money.. and come the end of the Season.. it largely vanishes.. on nothing.. next season.. you back to nothing ( or little ) again.

Why does the Transfer funds vanish so much, when im highly scored on Transfer Acumen... (no surprise since I explain what I do above).

I dont mind nurturing players like this... and sell them for huge profit.. but im beginning to ask myself why... why the money vanishes.. and the club is no better off. My club must have more debt than Man united's 700 million :-)

im playing salernitana 5th season in.. played very well.. good young squad.. finances all good. But since I only buy players for 50K.. vanishes funds every season... im nurturing players for nothing! except helping the Italian National team maybe.

What am I doing wrong ?

John.

Since selling a couple of players this season... my Club is now Rich.. and 30 million+ available.... since I only buy youngsters... I wont even spend 1 million.

Come next season I bet I wont even have 5 million of that 30 Million available...

So why bother being frugal and develop talent is what im asking ?

Or am I doing something silly that im losing all my cash and efforts ?

your not alone mate, this gripes me aswell. I once sold a player id bought for 100k for 10m on deadline day - good business i thought, However, i then agreed a 7m deal with a player id been after for a while but because of deadline passed he was going to sign on July 1st.

July 1st comes along - only 3M in bank so deal falls through!!

a similar thing happened to me when i got my team promoted from league 2 up to the premier league in 8 years, but when i got them there i neede to up my wage budget as you can on this new version so i did. but still coudnt buy better any better players as my individual players wage didnt go up so i couldnt attract any better players. will this issue be fixed on the next version cause if you get sugar daddy it doesn't even go up and the i owe you one thing only add a tiny amount if you ask then it goes back down after a while. on the last version this didnt happened with sugar daddy.

Marc Surley the best idea for this... is.. make all the good regens not start with high Current ability... but rather, as is real life with good players, let the ability develop over time.

I realise this might require a code a change.. but... it means you cant spot awesome players at 15-17 years old. It means their ability develops over time there not suddenly awesome on creation, and there impossible to see and buy upon generation.

Also the clubs selling players should be able to look at Potential as well.. and ask for more cash.

Selling a player for 50k thats worth 10 million in 2 seasons... is a bit unreasonable.

Also most of these players are generated in the lower leagues... surly some of the best academies would be producing these players. not the Lower leagues with no youth set up ?

But I understand why you generate them in the lower leagues, even though logically it makes little sense.

John.

i quite liked the young player development on the first FMH, even though EVERY south american player turned out to be amazing, but a toned down version of that would be good as players started with low stats and built them up (but on the first one they advanced to quickly)

but saying that on this years version both messi and ronaldo's regens started off with poor stats and my scouts said they were 3* potential but 3 years later they are both 6* potential with good stats, which is good

I think the transfer money thing is always going to be a problem until FMH includes full finances etc in the game. Any idea if this might be possible for FMH 11, Marc? A toned down version of the finances in the PC version would be great.

I think it would be amazing to see your attendances and how much money the club had. The way it is now, you are forced to spend all your transfer budget every season because if you don't, it'll disappear. I spend every last penny of it every year because there's no point in not. I even remember Marc or someone else from SI saying a few years ago that the board took the position that if you didn't spend all your transfer budget then you didn't really need the money.

Also, the option to improve your stadium (for EVERY club - not just some) would be great. To be able to build up a 4,000 stadium to an 80,000 one would be awesome. But make it take a long time and make it so that often you would have to choose between improving the squad or improving the stadium. This would give the game more longevity.

I think this change is needed to take the game to the next level. But of course there's only so many things you can fit into a PSP game and we all understand the system has its limitations. Take away the 2D pitch and bring in finances/attendances/stadium improvements I say!!! I would think if you took the 2D pitch away that would free up huge amounts of resources for many things that would make this game much (even) better.

I think the transfer money thing is always going to be a problem until FMH includes full finances etc in the game. Any idea if this might be possible for FMH 11, Marc? A toned down version of the finances in the PC version would be great.

This is never going to happen on the Psp.

This issued I raised where fixable on the psp... what your asking for will never fit in.

If regen youth players are introduced into the game as low Current ability, and clubs sell based more on potential ability... and unspent funds stop vanishing so much... this would stop my issues...

What your asking is impossible.

John.

Anyhow sure enough I finished my season with £30-£40 Million or so.

Next season. £15 Million transfer funds.

Milan have offered me 15 Million for my young striker.... but whats the point of selling him ? It only vanishes at the end of the season... so.. why should i ? The bottom line question has to be *WHY* sell your players ? I dont need new players.. and if I did, I would get youths for peanuts... this means every season i lose my talent to keep my Chairman stealing £20 Million a season :-(

John.

Guys since I was losing £25 Million quid here.. ive gone back a couple of couple of games and bought some expensive young players.. its not what I would normally do.. but its better than losing £25 Million...

But is this cheating ?

John.

Archived