Is this a harsh sacking?

I'm in my 3rd season of being Everton manager.

1st season- 7th in league , quarter finals of UEFA cup, FA and league cup.

2nd sesaon- 4th, semis of FA, quarters of the other 2.

3rd season- knocked out of league cup early, but won all my CL group stage games and qualified, was doing badly in the league, 9th, but after 15 games and only 5 points off 2nd place. Then no build up or anything, suddenly sacked! Wtf, that would never happen irl with Everton.

Anyone else had sudden sackings they really disagree with?

I am guessing that the game looks only at your position, instead of how close you are to your target in points, which is quite dissapointing. I remember people had a similarish problem on FM08 before the patch where they were getting sacked at Leeds despite doing really well because of the -15 points deduction. The board just looked at the position and the manager was normally sacked, despite the fact that if they carried on with their points per game ration at the time, they would probably have won the league.

people like you shouldnt even play football manager what has hapend to the guy is extremly fustrating and i have experienced similair but to do what you suggest meens there is no point in football manager, OP put this in bugs forum and see if other people agree that theyve sufferd similair and agree its a bug then see where SI go from there

people like you shouldnt even play football manager what has hapend to the guy is extremly fustrating and i have experienced similair but to do what you suggest meens there is no point in football manager, OP put this in bugs forum and see if other people agree that theyve sufferd similair and agree its a bug then see where SI go from there

There was really no need for that. I presume you're talking to Yid Army, as you seem unable to use the quote function.

Everyone who buys the game is entitled to play it the way they want to, whether that be using FMRTE, just the Editor, a downloaded database, or the original.

Are you going to come up with an argument that people who don't patch up shouldn't play the game either, because that's what the argument above is on par with?

I had one that I disagreed with when I was Oxford manager. First season I took over around December time and they were about 20th in the league. I turned it around and nearly made the play offs only to fall away in the last few games, finishing something like 8th. In the summer I made adjustments to make it my team knowing that it might take a while to settle in. I told the board that we'd be aiming for a respectable position again, fair enough I thought. Anyway about half way through season 2 and we're 6th in the table but only 6 points off top. I thought it's not too bad and we can at least hopefully make the play offs. I lost 1-0 at home to one of the lower teams and the next minute I saw that I sacked! I was pretty ****ed off and confused.

seems a bit unfair aggressive minor, does look like the chairman has been programmed to be very short-sighted. Seems a weird feature of the game to potentially ruin the whole thing for many players with harsh sackings like these!

It is kind of cheating, but if you were happy with the way the game and the squad were going for you i would suggest you immediately add another Manager and go as Everton again. At least you will still be familiar with the players and it was your work that got them to that point so why not carry it on as best you can even if the game is trying to make you hate it!

Wind your neck in. People can play this game any way they choose to after spending thirty odd pounds on it.

On topic - Sounds extremely harsh.

Sounds harsh indeed, though irl we have seen things like this happen at times :(

Was there really nothing going on off the pitch? No disharmony between you and the team? No application to elsewhere or the declaration of interest? No constant board requests?

• Administrators

Did you keep an eye on your 'job security' in the jobs section? Likewise what was the board confidence? If you have a save from before your sacking we'd be interested in taking a look, upload it to our FTP and let us know, thanks.

I'm in my 3rd season of being Everton manager.

1st season- 7th in league , quarter finals of UEFA cup, FA and league cup.

2nd sesaon- 4th, semis of FA, quarters of the other 2.

3rd season- knocked out of league cup early, but won all my CL group stage games and qualified, was doing badly in the league, 9th, but after 15 games and only 5 points off 2nd place. Then no build up or anything, suddenly sacked! Wtf, that would never happen irl with Everton.

Anyone else had sudden sackings they really disagree with?

This is where i would become their rival club and be better than Everton :p

Bojan, were you talking to me? If so, I don't see what you are on about. I know the situation is extremely frustrating and, in my opinion, unrealistic, which is why I suggested a way around it. There are many people who use these editors to incorporate new feature in a realistic manner (better names for new stadia, dynamic league reputations, transfers that go through in real life, etc.), eliminate unrealistic things like this or even to cheat. The only problem with this is if you are having a multi player match, but against the AI, it is really up to the person in question and I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it as it doesn't effect them.

Did you keep an eye on your 'job security' in the jobs section? Likewise what was the board confidence? If you have a save from before your sacking we'd be interested in taking a look, upload it to our FTP and let us know, thanks.

I'm afraid I don't, carried on until the summer trying to get a decent job, but nothing turned up! Hence my auto save wiped over the saves before the sacking. Some players were unhappy over our position and the board went from being delighted with things, to satisfied, but it wasn't too bad.

seems a bit unfair aggressive minor, does look like the chairman has been programmed to be very short-sighted. Seems a weird feature of the game to potentially ruin the whole thing for many players with harsh sackings like these!

It is kind of cheating, but if you were happy with the way the game and the squad were going for you i would suggest you immediately add another Manager and go as Everton again. At least you will still be familiar with the players and it was your work that got them to that point so why not carry it on as best you can even if the game is trying to make you hate it!

You are right, but when I play FM I am very particular about things like this, I never re-add myself :)

In my younger days, I would do things like that all the time and cheat, but as I've become older, I've become cheat proof :D

Archived