So, how am I supposed to answer this question

I do "no comment" earlier on in the season, but then towards the end, it's always my team.

My team gets upset if I say no comment, saying 'thinks his manager should be more amibitious' or 'thinks his manager should speak what's on his mind'.

They also get upset if I say my team: 'doesn't think the manager should put more pressure on the team', and if I say another club: 'doesn't think the manager should be praising the opposition'.

I just can't win. :rolleyes:

I'd recommend not getting too hung up on individual bad reactions, that's sort of the nature of the beast. Aim for a majority of positive reactions based on the personality of your squad (player personality determines how they react to what you're saying) and try to form a squad of similar-minded players. It makes both the media handling and team talks a lot easier.

I chose Man City when they were 17 points clear with 7 games left, and some of my players were unhappy about it. I just say "no comment" to every question at conferences now, their reactions are nonsensical.

It's only nonsencical if the same player(s) get upset by opposite answers.

Oh and what Scab said.

I'd recommend not getting too hung up on individual bad reactions, that's sort of the nature of the beast. Aim for a majority of positive reactions based on the personality of your squad (player personality determines how they react to what you're saying) and try to form a squad of similar-minded players. It makes both the media handling and team talks a lot easier.

very good advice

Archived