Your day out at Wembley

For those of us that manage in England, an end of season visit to the national stadium is a real treat (as it would be for any other country I suppose). From the FA Cup final to the Play offs, right down to the FA Vase, Wembley is the place you can never afford to lose

After working so hard all season to finish fourth, and reach the play offs, and beat West Brom 3-2 (agg) in the semi-final, I thought I had lost it when I reached stoppage time 1-0 down to Stoke. Then, Gary Hooper recieved the ball 30 yards from goal and smashed it into the top corner of the net for his 30th goal of the season!

Extra time came, and it just took three minutes before my super striker, unearthed in January for just £300K, Shane Scully, turned on a sixpence and smashed the ball past the keeper for the winner. His 31st of the season (14 for Motherwell). All that was left was the small matter of holding on for 27 minutes to confirm our return to the Premier League. To think that this football club was 19th in the Championship and facing relegation to league one when I arrived just over 2 years ago. WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!

wearepremierleague.png

Share your Wembley experiences. Joy or Heartbreak? 2,000 in the corner or a 90,000 packed house?

just won the carling cup with arsenal, playing the kids, literally a total 2nd string and kids team knocked out hull, man utd, man city & everton to get to the final before beating fulham on penalties in an epic 3-3 final!

My second season with Villa ended with a double bout of heartbreak... I'd been to Wembley already in the League cup final where I was defeated by Arsenal then I lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea.

In fact my only Wembley win on that save was the FA Cup semi-final...

I won the league cup with Newcastle in the First Season, 2-0 win over Spurs, one of my proudest moments :D

What tactics are you using. I cant get into this game because of the in-depth tactics. I am newcastle and i just got beat 4 games in a row. TOO HARD.

I was leading 3-2 in the Championship play-off final with about 5 minutes to go, and then conceded an equaliser. Luckily straight from kick off we ran down the other end and made it 4-3 and won.

I only just squeezed into the play offs on the final day as well.

I will highlight this thread now as evidence that last minute goals can go in favour of the user :)

It wasn't just a last minute goal, it was goal of the season too. 30 yard screamer at Wembley. What a way to finish. It was his 30th goal too, so I'm not having problems scoring goals

I'm yet to reach Wembley on FM10 but I have a good shot as, in my current save with Southampton I'm through to the Johnstones-Paint-Southern-Area-Somewhere-in-Hampshire-Not-Quite-Surrey-Perhaps-West-Sussex Trophy Final. And breathe. :p

It wasn't just a last minute goal, it was goal of the season too. 30 yard screamer at Wembley. What a way to finish. It was his 30th goal too, so I'm not having problems scoring goals

sounds a bit like gerrards goal against west ham in the fa cup final a few years ago.

been 2 wembley twice so far on fm10, the BSP play off final and the JPT final. won both as well so im happy

i followed up my carling cup win with the kids, beating chelsea 1-0 in the fa cup final, with of all people, william gallas heading the only goal of the game, for his first of the season. He was also captain for the day in the absence of van persie and cesc fabregas & man of the match. what a moment! :p

I won the League cup and Fa Cup in my first season, beaten beat Arsenal in the league cup semi final, that was my best moment of getting to wembley, because in previous games i've always struggled against Arsenal, then i played them in the Fa cup and knocked them out and beat man utd 2 - 1 in the final.

Lastly, in the league cup final i didnt have Steven Gerrard because he was injured. And didn't have Torres in the fa cup final, so i think i did pretty well considering the team wasn't good enough.

Never had success at wembley, started with Wrexham had a strike force of waide fairhurst i think his name is, and something guy up front, had 50 goals between them, got to wembley via Play Off Finals against cambridge, lost 2-1 by a last mineut o.g. second season lost 3-0 to york via play offs, 3rd season lost to mansfield 1-0 4th season lost 10-9 penatlies to cheltenham in the final, thought give up and joined newly relaguated wycombe wanders, lost in the LDV Vans Final 4-0 :| .................any chance we could play at the millenium

Archived