Cant hire Staff

Sat down for the first time in ages to play FM10 tonight and decide I would start as Lewes in the Blue Square South League. Get rid of all my staff through mutual termination , go and pick a few guys (coach , physio + 2 scouts who i succesfully negioate a contract with and then when they agree suddenly there transfer is cancelled with no explanation. (i have no other staff so it's not a matter of having too many)

Disappointed to say the least

Anyone else had this happen ?

Not enough transfer/wage funds. If you don't have enough money to either pay their previous club compensation, or to pay the new coach, it'll be cancelled.

They were on Freebies. Normally it tells you the reason why a transfer was cancelled , I wasnt getting any reason.

Anyway I retired my manager and Created a new one with another Blue Square Team and have no issues signing anyone.

They were on Freebies. Normally it tells you the reason why a transfer was cancelled , I wasnt getting any reason.

Anyway I retired my manager and Created a new one with another Blue Square Team and have no issues signing anyone.

Even if they were freebies, you'll still have to pay them...

If you're club has too much debt, the amount varies by club, possibly owner, the board can't sanction signing new players if the wage budget is full, this applies to staff members too I believe, as I had this problem when I started a game as Bognor Regis but they restructured their debt, so I could sign an all new backroom staff. Of course the debt is continuing to spiral out of control...

Archived