euro cup group

I am currently on group e of the euro cup but have just missed out on qualifying even though i should be in second. 2nd and 3rd positions were on the same points so i looked at the rules which said that results between teams was next taken into account of which i drew twice 1-1 with the team in second and next it went to goal difference of which mine is better so why am i tird instead of second? is this a bug or something i am missing?

1st and 4th are both on different points. just out of interest say if 3 teams were all on the same points and it went to results between teams and team one beat team two, two beat 3 and team 3 beat 1 what would happen or would it just go to goal difference. sorry if that was confusing but it looks like it could actually happen to me in the league.

The results between teams, essentially removes results against teams on different points, and then creates a new table. Example:

Team A 6-0 Team B

Team A 2-0 Team C

Team A 1-0 Team D

Team B 4-1 Team C

Team B 1-3 Team D

Team C 2-0 Team D

The final table would normally look like:

Team A +9 9pts

Team D -1 3pts

Team C -2 3pts

Team B -3 3pts

However in a "Results vs Teams" league. Team A results are taken out and so the new "mini league" looks like

Team B +1 3pts

Team D +0 3pts

Team C -1 3pts

So as a result, the table looks like

1st Team A +9 9pts

2nd Team B -3 3pts

3rd Team D -1 3pts

4th Team C -2 3pts

I hope that explains it to you. I can't really make it any clearer :)

I am currently on group e of the euro cup but have just missed out on qualifying even though i should be in second. 2nd and 3rd positions were on the same points so i looked at the rules which said that results between teams was next taken into account of which i drew twice 1-1 with the team in second and next it went to goal difference of which mine is better so why am i tird instead of second? is this a bug or something i am missing?

If there is no third team on the same number of points, it sounds like a bug.

Would you care to post the table? And are you sure that you drew both games 1-1 against the team in 2nd position?

Sorry if those are stupid questions but it's either a bug or something stupid ;)

Archived