FM's performance on my PC is so inconsistent

Loaded up my save to get a few games in and the game is painfully slow today, loaded up task manager and the game is running at 1,300,000K in the processes list. The next highest thing is my web browser at 32,000k. This is the same save as I was playing last night however, running at nearly 3 times the memory (usually around 500,000k on fairly big saves) and consistently using 70 - 80% of my CPU which is far, far higher than the normal 30 - 40% it uses.

Last night it was running fine with me using essentially the same as what I'm using now. No antivirus scans or windows updates are doing or anything, it just seems to have decided to use a whole lot more memory and run a lot more sluggishly. Anyone know of any solutions to get this to steady out.

No, I have made sure thats unticked. I do a number of things to help the game save on memory where possible like putting detail levels on the lowest in places I'm not currently viewing/participating.

Already got it, it helps but when FM goes like that it does become unplayable because its that sluggish. Now I'm playing a network game (hosting it) with England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France & Holland as active leagues, then with over 100,000 players and its working fine and the memory usage is at 750,000k. The one being played this morning was 25,000 players and just England and was no where near as fast as this is at the moment because of whatever problems were causing it.

How much ram do you have and how fast is your processor? How far into your game are you and how many leagues are you running? Do you have graphics and facepacks loaded as well?

4GB of RAM installed, obviously due to the limitations of 32 bit thats not the effective RAM and its only a couple of years in. It's not a problem at all with hardware, dual core 3Ghz processors. I have graphics, but this isn't an issue that FM is consistently slow. Quite the opposite, tonight FM has breezed through the processing on a much larger save than the one being played this morning which would freeze up around 30 seconds between each continue, tonight it was instantaneous on a network game, which has understandable delays sometimes.

Archived