inflated transfer fees

I know it's completely subjective, but the transfer fees demanded by the computer controlled clubs seem absolutely crazy imo. i.e Chelsea just refused 60 million straight cash for a 29 yr old Ashley Cole:eek:. This is just one example, but to me in general fees demanded seem incredibly high (computer controlled Milan just signed a 29 yr old Rosicky from Arsenal for 19 million)

Maybe the recession's over, but I think the fees demanded in the game need to be lowered considerably, what do others think?

I know it's completely subjective, but the transfer fees demanded by the computer controlled clubs seem absolutely crazy imo. i.e Chelsea just refused 60 million straight cash for a 29 yr old Ashley Cole:eek:. This is just one example, but to me in general fees demanded seem incredibly high (computer controlled Milan just signed a 29 yr old Rosicky from Arsenal for 19 million)

Maybe the recession's over, but I think the fees demanded in the game need to be lowered considerably, what do others think?

You need to learn to negotiate.

Jason24, It might just be a case of English players seeming to be more expensive to buy. Are you managing in England? I found that in my West Ham save trying to win the title buying mainly home nations players, that I was being quoted crazy prices for English players (Scottish, Irish and Welsh players were much easier to pick up at decent prices). I allowed myself one foreign player a season and had no problem buying a quality foreign international for a reasonable amount

In a recent game I had to fork up 90 million for Chiellini. I'm not sure it's worth it, but considering he was the best DC who would join my side, and I had nowhere else that needed improving it was worth it. This has been discussed many times but the way things work seems to be that if the AI analyzes you as being desperate (i.e. you bid successive times more and more) and fairly rich they will up the price. I've also noticed that if your team is one of the best in the world, with a series of amazing players, the AI will also increase prices if the player you are looking for is the ONE player you'd need to make a perfect/nearly perfect squad.

Everytime this subject gets brought up some people miss the point of the theards are simply say you need to learn how to negotiate with the team. But you shouldn't have to negotiate with chelsea over a £60m deal of Ashley Cole. If you offered £20M then yes maybe they would want £25 but some teams what stupid money for OK players and regardless of how good you are at negotiating the price down you still end up paying over the odds. I spent 6 months following Cassano, he wanted to leave samp, they want to sell but still wante £78m WHAT THE HELL. The system needs revisit if i am honest. If i want to sign a player for a decent price i shouldn't be made to comment on him each week for 6 month to make him want to leave, in modern day terms that is tapping up and is an offence is it not?

- Ashley Cole is Chelsea's first-choice left-back and one of the best in the world.

- Chelsea don't need the money.

- I assume you were managing one of Chelsea's rivals (either in the Premier or the Champions League).

Why would they sell?

Ding, ding, ding! People keep talking about others teams' analyzing their teams' needs & finances, but not mentioning the needs of the teams they are negotiating with. If Cole were 33, 29, 22 doesn't matter because Chelsea has enough money & he is their starter and most likely happy there. You can negotiate better prices if the player is not a regular starter, nearing the end of his contract and the team needs money or isn't rich of if the club doesn't typically keep older players. If Cole were still at Arsenal you could get him for 1/4 of the £60M at the most.

Ding, ding, ding! People keep talking about others teams' analyzing their teams' needs & finances, but not mentioning the needs of the teams they are negotiating with. If Cole were 33, 29, 22 doesn't matter because Chelsea has enough money & he is their starter and most likely happy there. You can negotiate better prices if the player is not a regular starter, nearing the end of his contract and the team needs money or isn't rich of if the club doesn't typically keep older players. If Cole were still at Arsenal you could get him for 1/4 of the £60M at the most.

I think squad status also comes into play here as well, if Ashley Cole is 'Indispensable' then you are going to be paying well over the odds just like Ronaldo was 'Indispensable' to Man Utd so thats what made him worth £80m. SI have improved the transfer system in this version and I think it is better than previous ones.

I just offered 12 million to notts county for a defender and they rejected, then Arsenal come along 2 days later and they sell to them for 7.5 m.

I'm not a rival or hated by the manager either.

I think the transfer fees are a lot better then fm09. If you cna't get the player you want first off, unsettle him. Give him compliments, make him like you. He'll start playing crap and they team your buying from will accept a lower price eventually. Just because you have 100 mill transfer budget. Does not mean the club can afford it a few seasons down the road.

Anything over 30 mill is a no for me. Paying anything more i'd expect to be a Barca/Madrid player.

I have noticed a couple of players I have bid for have gone at a later date to another team for a considerably lower price but i guess that is because he has been unsettled by me and which ever other team wants him.

We've all had that great player with high ambition playing great and scoring goals to get you promoted then as soon as the transfer window comes along he wants to go as some team has said he wants him even though you are 100% sure you'll be above said team the following season.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they need to reduce the transfer budget too. Every premier leauge club seems to have at least 50m to spend on players, if not first season then second season.

The january window shows clubs are not spending much and liverpool mentioned they would have to sell to buy players. Ive never started with Liverpool but I would guess they would have a fortune to spend, if not first season then second.

Someone mentioned Sunderland had 58 million. If Sunderland had spent 58million on players this season I wouldnt be the only one who would be completly shocked.

When I got promoted I was given 50m which if I had spent would of bankrupted us. I dont think the board would of realistically took the chance.

Archived