Club rep (I think that's prob the issue)

Does anyone happen to know if, at the start of the season before any games, a player will pick a team due to league position (i.e. alphabetically)? I've been annoyed forever that even if you've already guaranteed promotion, a player won't join you at end of season because of the league you play in. However, once the new season has begun and you're in the division you already got promoted to he'll happily sign. I assume this would be the same sort of issue?

I dont think he will pick a team due to what position the team is in but rather what league he is in as different leagues will have different reputations.

E.G a player will probably pick a bottom of the table EPl side over a top of the table Championship side as the EPl has a much higher league reputation.

I imagine club rep plays a very small part in it.

If you offered a contract to a player the day after you win promotion he wont come. You have to wait until June the 24th when you offically become a premier league team. Thats how it was in past FM's not sure about this one.

It makes it hard to plan for the next season because you have this imaginary line you have to pass before you become in a higher division instead of players understanding that as soon as you get promoted you arnt a championship team anymore.

Its the same when players want to move to a bigger club. They are unhappy untill the day you offically become a premier leauge team which is about a week before the transfer window opens..

Archived