Where do the funds for signing on fees come from?

Where do the funds for signing on fees come from? Is it transfer budget? If not, where the devil is it appearing from? I'm used to being very poor but I've just accepted a job in League 1 and I'm not used to such very pressing matters. Plus I've had a few too many beers and I'm not clear headed and should know better than to play FM in such a state. I'm only doing so becuase The Chairman (Mrs) referred to me as a loser because of FM (let us not get into a thread such as http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185707 ) and I've had it in my mind since i got the text!

Why do you call your partner "the chairman"?:D

In answer to your question, I believe it is from the transfer funds.

Because she may aswell own my sorry arse :(

Um... now you've told us your life story, you might want to go sleep it off...

Just kidding, mate. :D

I think it comes out of your transfer budget. :thup:

Sorry, ramble over! (drunken grin "I love you man!")

I thought it came out of the bank balance? otherwise how could you sign players on a free transfer with a signing on fee with no transfer budget?

Never had the need before! Does that mean the board can block such things?

I am not sure. I just seem to remember that i have signed unattached players and offered them a signing on fee and have had no transfer budget but still managed to sign them.

Sorry, ramble over! (drunken grin "I love you man!")

Yeeeaaaahhhhh... ;)

If you have no transfer/wage budget then yeah, the board will step in and stop you buying anymore players.

IT DOES NOT come out of transfer budget it simply comes out of your bank balance and if your a **** and offer them loadsa money on signing on fee then you will go into admin before long. however this could change in league one and they may lower your budgets if its a big SIGN on fee.

Yea, signing-on fees don't come out of your transfer budget at all, although thinking about it they probably should do. All that's affected is your bank balance. Maybe it's different at lower league level though, I don't know for sure as I've never managed below the Championship.

IT DOES NOT come out of transfer budget it simply comes out of your bank balance and if your a **** and offer them loadsa money on signing on fee then you will go into admin before long. however this could change in league one and they may lower your budgets if its a big SIGN on fee.

Yea, signing-on fees don't come out of your transfer budget at all, although thinking about it they probably should do. All that's affected is your bank balance. Maybe it's different at lower league level though, I don't know for sure as I've never managed below the Championship.

Playing in the BSP with a zero transfer budget didn't stop me paying signing on fees to free agents.

Perhaps because of high interference and low patience? :p

Sonds like it :D

As far as I know it doesn't come from any of those budgets.

For that reason I sometimes use this as an exploit. If my wage structure is nearing the ceiling then I replace some of the salary by a signing fee when signing new players and it works. The players are happy to sign and my budgets are kept. Just the balance suffers ;)

I've always thought things like that were a bit silly, how I can have a £1million budget left for example, then throw someone a £5million+ signing-on fee. It would make sense if it had some relation to your transfer budget.

Playing in the BSP with a zero transfer budget didn't stop me paying signing on fees to free agents.

Archived