45 minute limit

I'm currently managing Spain and during a friendly every player except 3 were given half game instructions by their clubs. With a 6 sub limit how am I supposed to avoid upsetting their clubs? IMO there should be an option for me to clarify I can't sub that many players.

Well, this is possibly realistic. Many managers consider international friendlies during the domestic season an annoyance to say the least. Your best bet is to sub off 6 of the players at half-time, and if any of the club managers have a moan at you, reply how you see fit. If they deserve to be told off, then tell them to get stuffed!

When this happened to me I disobeyed club instructions. Nothing bad happened.

Thats right nothing bad happens. You dont get into trouble from the fa or anything. I think that perhaps this should either be removed from the game since its easy to ignore it without you being disiplined or it should be changed so that its more effective if you disregard club instructions.

Thats right nothing bad happens. You dont get into trouble from the fa or anything. I think that perhaps this should either be removed from the game since its easy to ignore it without you being disiplined or it should be changed so that its more effective if you disregard club instructions.

Club instructions aren't binding, and your FA would certainly never discipline you for ignoring them - they're just request, not orders, as clubs have no power over the national team.

But if you ignore club instructions and injure your players constantly, I think you can make the manager dislike you - and I know that managers who don't like you will withdraw their players entirely from your squads.

Archived