Playing against 10 men

It was more the fact that BSP players were killing 3-50 yard passes stone dead, not bad as most of them had an awful first touch.

But the players will only be playing against those of similar ability - put any professional /semi professional into a space with limited pressure and they are easily going to take down a long ball, regardless of their "first touch" ability.

Put them in league of higher standard,where the defences are going to be better, then they will struggle as they wont have the same time on the ball.

In summation, its all comparative.

haha well your hal of shame is proberly why mate! 101 goals scored and STILL got relegated? i can score less and win the league! al jokes aside this drives me insane they seem to hit me on 6-7 attacks before my 11 men actually create a chance and more often than not its a draw after the red card as in wed score 1 theyd score 1 and 2.0 has done its job

The shout-outs are very useful playing against ten men. My most common general shout-out is to "work ball into the box" because my player all have good passing. But against 10 men, this tends to stop working because a) they are moving less, so just putting up a barrier, b) defending deeper, and c) closing the ball down more. So changing my shout-outs to "pass ball into space" and "hassle" opponants seems to work more often than it fails.

No need to increase your attacking or closing down. More attacking means they just keep that defence as solid as possible, and more closing down means nothing since they rarely attack anyway (if anything you should close down more when you are DOWN to 10 men).

Just think about how you would defend and what tactics you would hate to face. In other words, drag you men all over the place, keep the ball, be patient, use that extra man. I often use a target man to hold up the ball too, since that gives your players a chance to overwhelm the opposition.

It's hard, but it's hard in real life too.

The shout-outs are very useful playing against ten men. My most common general shout-out is to "work ball into the box" because my player all have good passing. But against 10 men, this tends to stop working because a) they are moving less, so just putting up a barrier, b) defending deeper, and c) closing the ball down more. So changing my shout-outs to "pass ball into space" and "hassle" opponants seems to work more often than it fails.

No need to increase your attacking or closing down. More attacking means they just keep that defence as solid as possible, and more closing down means nothing since they rarely attack anyway (if anything you should close down more when you are DOWN to 10 men).

Just think about how you would defend and what tactics you would hate to face. In other words, drag you men all over the place, keep the ball, be patient, use that extra man. I often use a target man to hold up the ball too, since that gives your players a chance to overwhelm the opposition.

It's hard, but it's hard in real life too.

Forgive me if I'm talking rubbish, but doesn't 'hassle opponents' mean 'close down more'. :confused:

Oh. Maybe. I thought it meant "stick with them, get into them" as in "if their winger has the ball, don't just wait for him to cross or give you an opening to tackle; lever him off the ball." in other words be more aggressive. I could be wrong, of course. But it looks different on the pitch. The closing down tactic seems to see my players get skinned more often than on "hassle".

I find high closing down and attacking against 10 men leaves you open to a counter attack.

Oh. Maybe. I thought it meant "stick with them, get into them" as in "if their winger has the ball, don't just wait for him to cross or give you an opening to tackle; lever him off the ball." in other words be more aggressive. I could be wrong, of course. But it looks different on the pitch. The closing down tactic seems to see my players get skinned more often than on "hassle".

I find high closing down and attacking against 10 men leaves you open to a counter attack.

YOu just described closing down an opponent :)

Huh. When it's written down like that you're probably correct.

Maybe I've been thinking about it all wrong. When I set my tactics to "close down often" I think of it as "close down AND put in a tackle". , whereas "hassle opponents" is more about using strength to win the ball.

Is there a definitive answer in the manual? I've not downloaded it.

Hassling isjust another way of closing down. There's probably a little difference in real life, but it seem that for the Match Engine it's the same. It's giving opponents little time on the ball, make sure they can't go forward, can't pick out that good pass or get a cross in. It'll probably come with more tackling as well.

Archived