Is FMH any Good

Hi im looking for peoples opinion on FMH. I had FM08 on pc and tought it was good but my pc is broke and i was thinking of gettin a psp. i would like to know what people think of FMH and how it compares to the pc version. is there a lot of bugs i notice there are a lot of threads were people are complaining and frustrated. is it worth getting or should i leave it. all advice greatly appriciated.

Hi im looking for peoples opinion on FMH. I had FM08 on pc and tought it was good but my pc is broke and i was thinking of gettin a psp. i would like to know what people think of FMH and how it compares to the pc version. is there a lot of bugs i notice there are a lot of threads were people are complaining and frustrated. is it worth getting or should i leave it. all advice greatly appriciated.

• SI Staff

Well I'm somewhat biased but yeah I think its great icon_wink.gif

(more seriously there is a reviews 'sticky' at the top of this forum collating all the review scores for the game which might help you make up your mind)

I would say BUY IT.

There may be a couple of bugs here and there but overall its easily the best handheld management game. You can master the interface in about a couple of hours. I think the simplicity of FMH is what makes it such a great pick up and play game as opposed to its much bigger (and much more complicated) brother.

It's definately in the worth buying a psp for category!

There are bugs, some fatal, some just annoying, but if you save often and alternate between two different save slots you should be able to recover okay if anything goes wrong. (I save straight after every game.)

Apart from the bugs, though, it's brilliant. It's a great game, with - I think - just the right amount of challenge. I can't win every game, but I don't lose them all either. It's fun, it's addictive and it's just generally a very good thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rev:

There are bugs, some fatal, some just annoying, but if you save often and alternate between two different save slots you should be able to recover okay if anything goes wrong. (I save straight after every game.)

Apart from the bugs, though, it's brilliant. It's a great game, with - I think - just the right amount of challenge. I can't win every game, but I don't lose them all either. It's fun, it's addictive and it's just generally a very good thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not always like that.. I have never had a corrupt save or other bug in FMH08

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Its not always like that.. I have never had a corrupt save or other bug in FMH08 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had it crash on me once, for no readily apparent reason. Other bugs have been things like disappearing transfers and a "0%" loan increasing my wages.

I just alternate between two save files just in case I ever get a corrupt save. Better safe than sorry.

I dont think you can compare FMH with the PC version - the PC version is in a different league (excuse the pun) But I do agree it has been designed as a pick up and play game which requires no experience or prior knowledge.

Only bad points IMO is that it can get boring quickly as your seeing the same screens all the time.

Yeah valid points.

But the PC version consumes a lot of time just to do simple things, let alone get through a season. I don't know about anyone else but i have'nt got time to sit for hours on the PC playing FM.

Don't get me wrong i used to play the PC version before we'd even heard of a psp but that was in school.

The fact you can take it with you and sneak in a couple of matches here and there, as well as sitting down a playing it just adds that bit extra to it.

Sure it hasn't got anywhere near the depth of the PC version but you can play a couple of hours and feel you've actually got somewhere. Also i know a lot of people on here used to play the PC version or still do and don't get bored with it.

The PC versions got everything, how can you improve it? there are definate bugs and improvements to be made for FMH but thats a good thing. It means we can have a say on the forums as to what they'll add to it next time!

Thoughts?

The PC version is far more detailed, you really get involved and as 'comeonthearsenal' says (who I can't believe I'm agreeing with being a spurs fan!) it does take AGES to get through a season or two. The PSP version is less complicated, yet it is still very addictive! It doesn't take long to get used to it but it does offer fantastic game play. I can't really talk highly enough about it, I definatley recommend it especially if you have a few hours to kill every so often.

Archived