Forming a B Team affiliation in Spain?

I haven't managed in Spain in quite a while. Just looking at different Spanish clubs I noticed that while Lleida seem to have no B team as such, they are affiliated with a smaller team from Alcarrás (nearby locale I would guess). Players can move freely between the clubs, but the affiliation is not described as a long-term deal (like it is with B teams). If one would begin a game with a team that has no B team, would it possible to request such an affiliation to be formed?

Ive found spain to be quite odd in this regard. I find it highly frustrating that my B team doesnt act as a reserve team and i cant move players freely between the two. My B team has no fixtures, and no players. Why would i want to send anyone there?

Yes, but just like players who are stuck in inactive leagues, they dont get as many matches, and they dont have as big an effect on their development. I started as a club in the bottom league so i didnt have an option to load the league with my B affiliate.

Ive found spain to be quite odd in this regard. I find it highly frustrating that my B team doesnt act as a reserve team and i cant move players freely between the two. My B team has no fixtures, and no players. Why would i want to send anyone there?

yep.

really sucks, I'm a Barça fan myself, and I've started long Barça games until FM09, it had that system back in FM 08, but then it somehow got changed for 09 and now 10, seeing how I can't move my guys up and down and there are weekends where I can't use a player on my reserve team because he already played with the B team, I decided to start with premier league.

this feature was changed a few years ago as has been mentioned previously. It was done to make it more realistic but has in fact done the total opposite. B teams should be able to cater for the first team and if you're managing the B team then you should expect to lose players to the first team but also be in with a chance of managing the first team should the manager get saked, this is commonplace in Spain. The B team manager always takes over, even if its short-term. Guardiola seems to be the exception, he's still there. Also if you manage the first team you should be able to move players freely around whenever you want, this seems impossible within the game and therefore makes it almost impossible to want to manage these leagues.

Archived