Do you let your Assistant man choose your team and do your team talks?

I'll sometimes ask him either, but then I almost always make changes. Asking the Ass man to suggest a team talk is particularly helpful for highlighting which players you might want to make individual talks to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

I wouldn't trust my ass man to feed my fish, let alone choose my team.

The only job I have given my ass man is to manage the reserves, and he's doing a pretty crap job of doing that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same.

But when I have to pick a team for a match, just because I'm lazy I'll tell him to, then I'll shuffle it a bit.

He'll always pick close to my own first-choice anyway so it'll be only one or two changes.

Just saves me click-click-click...

Before the patch, I let my AssMan do my team talks. 8.0.2 I do them myself, as my AssMan is useless. The only time he chooses my team is when I first join a club. I'm just lazy, so I get him to choose. He usually gets most of the best players up there, and then I make a couple changes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

My Ass Man does NOTHING in my game. (Except has 7* in the training category).

Which makes me wonder why my "Hand-On Approach" stat as a manager is 1. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hands-on Approach is driven by a lot of things - how often you tinker with tactics during matches, how often you make adjustments to training assigments and schedules, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

My Ass Man does NOTHING in my game. (Except has 7* in the training category).

Which makes me wonder why my "Hand-On Approach" stat as a manager is 1. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hands-on Approach is driven by a lot of things - how often you tinker with tactics during matches, how often you make adjustments to training assigments and schedules, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that. icon_smile.gif (In-Game tinkering is my specialty, lol, but I must admit, I rarely touch the training)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cafc_liam:

I was just wondering if people use their assistant manager to do the team talks and wether or not you ask him to choose the team or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never. However, I do click on his ideas for team-talk but make sure I make the changes that I want - it's my responsibilty and neck on the line after all.

it all depends on the kind of asst man u have, if u have a 7 star asst then u dont have nothing to worry abt. if i'm losing too much i just on holiday 4 a month by the time i come back im on top of the table

I pick my own team, although I'll often have him draft it when I first join an unfamiliar club.

And I always have him handle team talks. Because I hate the team talk thing. Which is ironic, since in real life i'm fairly good at them. I'll just make sure his got 20 in motivating and man handling.

If I've been allowed to sign a new one I'll make sure he has high motivation and man-handling as well as tactical awareness. I'll sometimes ask his advice from the team report page but don't let him choose the team outright.

I often select him for team-talks, but don't hit confirm unless I like the look of it. I rarely use "for the fans" at pre-match unless it's against a major rival and I'm the underdog. If I'm the underdog against a much bigger team in a cup match, I use the "no pressure" talk which seems to work, then "for the fans" at half time, cos things are usually looking good. I haven't found an ass-man that does that.

I use squad rotation but my ass man always wants to use the same set of players (best set, even they are below 90%). So that's a NEVER for me. I might ask to choose subs for me when I'm very lazy, but his selections are also poor, eg. only select forward and midfield, no defender or GK.

I'd ask for team talk though, but I normally change for some as I see fit. The patter of his suggestion is:

For the fans! : Disappointing/None : None

Pre-match : Half time : Post-match

which doesn't make sense for most of the matches. It's only convenient when you want to say "Pick up where you left off" since you don't have to click on each individual player.

I basically let him have his input (ask assistant to pick) and then tweak it to my own preference. Given that its a high quality squad most players are of similar talent - I just exchange my favourites for his.

As for the team talk - again I see what he wants to say - I usually disagree and go for something less harsh.

it seems that i do the opposite to everyone else on this thread. i looked for a assman with 20 for motivating, hired him and now he takes all my match team talks. true i ussaly say the post game talk and i choose the team but pre-game and half time i let him decided. ussally works because i am on a 52 unbeaten runicon_biggrin.gif

When I first join a team and I am still getting to know the players, I tend to ask him to pick the draft team, then I finalise the sleection by swapping out players who i think woudl play better say, on the wing rather then in the middle, swap S1 and S2 around so that the keeper is on S2 icon_biggrin.gif

Never let the ass do team talks. Never even let him pick tactics for the reserves.

Have him arrange friendly matches, but I tend to create one or two more as well anyway

I always let my assistant do the team talks becuase I find that feature of the game really dull and monotonous. Not had any problems so far... I've managed to win quite a few leagues and cups without touching the team talks.

Ma assman is in charge of picking teams for friendlies. The current way of doing it manually is crap so i dont want to do it. Its not like he is that much better since some of the friendlies get canceled within the same day.

He also does my team talks. I find this aspect of the game totally tedious and i think working in some factory would be more fun that selecting some one liners and then watching the game say something that i didnt say.

I choose a really good assistant but i never let him do anything, i do the team talks because i like the idea of shouting at the players at half time to up performance (the players hate you but it works suprisingly well), as for choosing the team, i occasionally ask his opinion but then completely ignore that and pick who i want

nah, it's pointless. There team talks never really make sence , E.G - My team is 2-0 down in the champions league final, he will say 'Enjoy the rest of the match' or say we lose a match he will say 'Good result', man AI Pat Rice is an idiot.

I always ask him to pick my team because I usually agree with him, I do make changes though. Same for team talks. I clikc 'Ask Assisstant' first then, if im happy with what he says, I leave it. Otherwise I change it around a bit.

I pick my own team and its sometimes quite different from what my Ass man picks...

But then ive won 4 spl's and 1 champions league so i think i know better.

I do let him give team talks, and i only intervene if he slags the players for winning by a narrow margin (1-0 is just as many points as 5-0 after all)

Archived