Does the game consider form before FM2010?

OK, just got sacked in my 5th season from my PSG job.

In my 5th season I qualified from the Champs League groups, not out of either domestic cup, but was sitting 7th in the league when I was told by the board to win the title (so fair play, kind of).

In my seasons 1-4 I finished 2nd every season, won the Coupe de France once, and thats it. So no real silverware to write home about.

BUT.

Looking at the PSG history pre 2010 they havent won anything since 1993 (ish), were always mid table or lower table fighting relegation.

So to be honest if I look what I have done I have revolutionised the club, got top quality finishes, won (somthing), got them from no Europe to qualification from the Champions League groups. (I know I didnt win the league, which is clearly the biggest factor in my sacking).

Therefore, does the game ever consider what you have done based on pre game performances?, or is it purely based on what you do from your first day in management? I assume its the latter, but what do people think?

I guess they are grateful for what you've done but they probably now expect to push on to the next level and maybe feel you're not doing a good enough job to do that....Look at Mourinho, sacked despite guiding Chelsea to their first Premiership title (twice) as well as the League Cup (twice) & the FA Cup

So its not unrealistic.

No, it does not. Each club has a reputation, based largely on recent years. This sort of reflects the club's current standings, and therefore expectations. You've raised the expectations, and then failed to keep up.

It's harsh. Whether it happens or not should depend on your board- are they ambitious? Loyal? Have they put lots of cash in?

Archived