Has anyone read Cleon's Sheffield Utd project?

....How the hell did he do it??

How on earth did you/he get so many consistent results with a poor/mediocre team by one base tactic, sometimes changing passing to more direct or slowing tempo or deepening defensive lines. The results in teh 2nd season are ridiculously consistent. I still can't get my head round it.

The concept that really perplexes me is the amount of goals he scores in proportion to his shots on target - but mostly the consistency behind this.

Even in the best of teams, i can't come close to the same sort of ratio. It's nothing short of amazing.

i agree i think within that is the problem for a game to be fun why should i have to read up a great deal to learn how to get tactical consistancy?

although i do agree and currently employ a similar method as the sheffield project for my save.

It's very possible. It's not just downloading one tactic and slapping players into it and clicking play; it's impossible to do if you do that.

If you understand how the sliders work and put the hours in, it's very, very possible.

In fact, the lower the league you start in, the "easier" long term it is to do.

FM2010 is a game that you can pick up and play, but is also a game you can literally master if you put the time into it. That's why those who moan about the game being "broken" will get very, very little sympathy in the tactics forum!

Phnompenhandy. First off, I just deciphered your name and realised that you dont have a pen handy at all times :D

More importantly however, what threads would you recommend??

Hate answering questions for other people ^^ But I'm gonna anyway;

Creating A Tactic - From the Beginning by Cleon.

Tactical Theorems & Frameworks '10 - by Millie and wwfan.

Emulating Reality: Creating Icons in FM10 - by Tubey84

And you may want to read:

Justified's Nike Swoosh Defensive Theory

Teamtalks: If You Are Clueless.

All links are in the Tactics Bible in the Tactics Forum.

Archived