Can't hire an AssMan for USA?

Most of the time for national ass man you need a countryman, have you asked an American to be your assistant?

This is what I finally did (although it had to be an actual assistant manager, not a scout I wanted to make into an assistant manager); kind of quirky.

Haven't tried the ad; I'll do that for the rest of the staff. That is, if I'm still on the job after the inevitable loss to Mexico I have coming up... :eek:

As Ivory Coast, really nobody who was not Ivorian wanted to join my national side. Even the worst unemployed young French-speaking coaches weren't interested.

Too bad that there were just 6 Ivorians in the database of which 4 wouldn't join either as I just had sacked them from their jobs.

I resigned without a single match played just because of that :thdn::(

So it's not just a US thing.

However, I found his posts about going to watch matches on the weekends extremely annoying.

Very true. Also, if you have him scout ANYTHING, be prepared for your inbox to be clogged. I wish I could filter him out, because I'm really just using him to get a baseline on players at the beginning.

It's a shame I can't get non-Americans to come to the U.S., though; I know that's different from last season (I had a Dutch guy I'd bring with me everywhere in '09; he managed at Ghana, Switzerland, and Spain with me. I'd fire him right before I took another job so he'd be available.).

Archived