bench players and complacency

it strucks me as odd that bench players act complacent when given the rare opportunity to play and show their skills on the pitch.

i'm not talking about them rotation players which are sub'ed in several times / regularly - but those who dont play for weeks or even months.

coaching real madrid i dont have the luxuary of loosing a match - because barcelona is always right up there fighting for the title as well; so i take the opportunity when im winning for 2 or 3 goals and dominating a match to test some of them players who usually dont get a chance of playing. yet, because we're winning the match, the bench player would act complacent instead of trying to convince me he deserves a place in the first team (even if he gets the "want to see a performance" instruction).

anyone else find this sort of attitude bizarre?

YES UNREALISTIC whoever used the example babel ok why pick 1 against the argument when there are 100 for the meening of my phrase is simple YOUR AN IDIDOT, the original poster i feel your pain week in week out in real football you see players back from fitness, being kept out by form players coming on and wanting to make an impact examples inclde Benayoun Bellamy Aqualini Mazi rodriguez ect, try to learn their personality more and use your team-talk for the subs a lot more inteligintly this could help i found telling Camoranasi "I HAV FAITH" didnt help as much as "I EXPECT A PEFORMANCE"

What cracks me is how your Assistent Manager tells you X and Y are overconfident and think they can win the game just by showing up... Too bad X and Y are rotation/backup players and don't play much.

How a benchwarmer can be overconfident is beyond me.

Archived