I think I hit the hollygrail how half time team talks work abit

I am also finding that touch wood I not done it with several clubs or players and only gone few games to see if form stays. Hopefully its stopping the nosedives in form you get.

I had a player who upto halftime was 6.3 in form and shot up 8.5. He not the first to get vast improvement in second half.

Now I wont reveal what to say as this will be unfair on those who can work it out but lets just say you got all the ammo you need to get know what to say.

One thing is that form not the best indicator and AI if you have him do the talks dont often say the correct motivational talk.

I was actually suprised what sometimes goes on.

I believe this is the sole reason why we go into these spirals and have these good first halfs then poor. Simply being tricked to saying the wrong thing because form guided us to think it was correct response because he had 7. I always assumed anything in 7 would be good performance it seems not the case and praising them gets players going wrong and dropping. It can also be the oposite for some with low scores to. I supose the game works out what is the absolute best score for that player.

My findings are not foolproof wont turn poor players into supermen possessed.

The better guide to get to know what to say comes from the stats screen.

You get an insight in the current mentality

If they complacent, if they playing nerviously, lacking confidence, play ok, well or superb

I wont say what you should be saying when players are in these various states. I have given enough help to get people experiment use a new game dont ruin you existing one/career.

It wont always mean you win but say the correct talks to these mentalities and you give yourself the best chance to stop morale drop, players confussed and feel undervalued.

Equally you must do the same at final whistle dont assume match form means he did well or poor. I certainly was suprised like I said with some.

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's just late, but I don't get the point of this thread.

I am saying dont use matchday form as guide to what to say to motivate players at half time/full time it gives false readings.

If you goto Stats Screen of the match you will get told what the coach comment believes is the players mental state.

He will say if players are confident, nervy etc. This is your best guide to help you pick the correct motivational teamtalk.

Get it right you give yourself the best chance to see the game out and maintain morale of team.

Make players feel apreciated or give out the dirt when required earns you respect from players they try harder for you.

i think he's trying to say that you look at the motivation screen for team talks, but there seems to already be a topic on that that has been stickied in the tactics forum?

yes was not aware of this does it actually tell you what to say.

I am saying dont use matchday form as guide to what to say to motivate players at half time/full time it gives false readings.

If you goto Stats Screen of the match you will get told what the coach comment believes is the players mental state.

He will say if players are confident, nervy etc. This is your best guide to help you pick the correct motivational teamtalk.

Get it right you give yourself the best chance to see the game out and maintain morale of team.

Make players feel apreciated or give out the dirt when required earns you respect from players they try harder for you.

Ah. In that case, I've been doing that since FM09.

I find it useful for some individual talks.

I just wish all these team talks wernt so damn important. I'd rather have the tactics and players and luck on the day decide who wins not some limited multi choice thing you or your assistant select at half time.

Ah. In that case, I've been doing that since FM09.

I find it useful for some individual talks.

thanks yep found what best to say to players on nervious / lack confidence and when they just ok.

Complacent bit hit and miss it was this one I got the big jump I wonder if player mentality in the game gives and indicator what to say too if he ambitious profesional etc.

I have been doing it for awhile but with not really any success I still hit bad form but just lately I changed it even critised a player on 7.4 and he went out did superb shift.

I have even had 7.3 being nervious strangley.

I think mainy who play would ignore looking under the hood for aiding there enjoyment get frustrated why they get comebacks from being 4-0, 3-0 etc and lose or draw.

Equally they dont understand why there side 5 pts clear lost one game then bang it takes 14 games or so winless.

The game deceives sometimes.

yeah, the guy tells you what to say for each little motivation thing and gives a game that he played with his team as an example :)

of course, your ideas may be different than his and you may have different team talks

I was bit worried revealing too much as it could spoil if it turns out they are the correct sayings.

I been in there in the past as I had in previous versions found the best saying for each player to bust morale and keep them all superb. I had goto about 40% before new version and found sometimes si changed it.

Basically you have 4 factors up age position form mentality. it depended whether you praise them or tell them the are not playing well.

There is 2 positives 1 neutral 2 negitives if remember 1 positive is slightly good response ie very good morale the other superb. Si gives us 50-50 chance and a neutral.

By keep doing it restarting I found the best option and wrote it down I then tried to find why players did differing responses and came to the conclusion there was factors.

It was painsaking but Si changed the system. I might do it again someday but feel its cheating really as the game becomes too easy if morale perfect.

yes every patch or year si change which team talks are effective. i still don't fully understand which ones you are saying is effective. maybe you could use the forum spoiler tags?

thanks you know been on here for few years and cant do things like tables spoilers tags etc

thanks Cleon mine different although I yet to comeback from behind all my first team are superb morale which suggest maybe I have hit the nail mine different from both.

I have got mixed result but then you cant expect perfection but have turned poor first halfs to 3-0 wins so something maybe clicking.

they say to look at the players form I am totally ignoring it maybe it fine with this club and it full regens as I am on level 10 addon.

My method might not work with all clubs it does seem they getting change in players to rally.

Maybe there more than one way.

There are quite a few very good team talk threads in the tactics forum.

Teamtalks - if you are clueless ...

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=182360

WoIfsong's Teamtalk Guide 2010

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183599

I took some of the advice in that thread. All I can say is wow! What a differance that makes.

Unbelievable. No more throwing away 3 goal leads and less inconsistant results and performances. I also learnt you could team talk a sub which seems to make a bit of a differance.

Thanks WoIfsong. Some of the best advice I have read on this forum. Completly transformed my season. Teamtalks kind of make more sense after reading that.

I took some of the advice in that thread. All I can say is wow! What a differance that makes.

Unbelievable. No more throwing away 3 goal leads and less inconsistant results and performances. I also learnt you could team talk a sub which seems to make a bit of a differance.

Thanks WoIfsong. Some of the best advice I have read on this forum. Completly transformed my season. Teamtalks kind of make more sense after reading that.

Personally I'm more a fan of Bubbaraytuna, but I've read both and a combination of the 2 has given me some more insight (and success) with team talks.

quite sesperrate to find out!!! How can i change teams in football manager 2010??..i have never done this because never offered a job..I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME SINCE FORME CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER..DONE MANY THINGS, WON EVEN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WITH STEAUA BUCHAREST..i can recommend you mny things..but how to change teams?..please help!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

quite sesperrate to find out!!! How can i change teams in football manager 2010??..i have never done this because never offered a job..I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME SINCE FORME CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER..DONE MANY THINGS, WON EVEN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WITH STEAUA BUCHAREST..i can recommend you mny things..but how to change teams?..please help!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Stop hijacking people's threads you have posted this in a few peoples threads now!

And if you have been playing the game since champ manager you should know how to apply for another job by now.

Stop spamming the forums with the same question- thanks

No worries :) Glad it helped!

I havecome to the conclusion halftime Teamtalks work too well make it too easy.

My misfits could not win for toffee is it down to them learning the tactic not sure but second season with my halftime teamtalk and not cleon or WoIfsong although they do have some verygood helpful tips I decided to test mine for accuracy.

Here goes I in level 10 so bear with me and it will be longwinded post I will try keep it short.

first season finished 12th won 9 drew 13 lost 12 29 goals 28 conceded 40 points

cups did hardly anything apart lincs cup always won first game but got beat when it got harder with better clubs.

first seven games was my best unbeaton run. biggest win 4-0 once but two 3-0 wins worst defeat two 0-3. Losing sequence was actually 13 games.

I did not do any comebacks if went behind we lost.

This season with my halftime teamtalks yet to finish the season but only few games left.

I won the league northern counties east div 1

won 22 drawn 4 lost 2 goals for 51 against 11 70 points

cups I am in the final of the lincs cup county cup, I am in the final wilkinson sword the league cup. Currently in the Semi finals of the FA Vase the fa cup for minows.

unbeaten run stands at 21 and still going with 11 games left two cups are two legged I could get 32 but doubt I will beat Deal in Vase.

biggest win a stagering 9-0 trumping of ipswich wanderers in the vase lee key got five goals.

next highest 4-0 three times. biggest defeat 3-2 infact the only other defeat was 0-1. Cup I went out on pens which was the northern counties combined cup.

comebacks from halftime

wicks vase 0-1 to 2-1 win

bourne 1-1 they scored first then 3-1 win

grantham rangers 1-1 like bourne they scored first 3-1 win

However did lose one from winning made an error in teamtalk forgot to set ok players

from 2-0 halftime I lost 3-2

this was not error setting teamtalk so things do go wrong ocasionally

glasshoughton 1-0 up but my defender mad error deep in injury ended up 1-1

My thoughts is it works too well I was not expected to get promotion merely make weight at half way. But by just doing teamtalks correctly they became possesed supermen. One is even if you lose by saying the right things you keep morale to superb. It sometimes dips to very good but wont go further. While its like that it gives you an edge. By the looks of things with my assistant no AI makes the correct call so there morale is lesser.

Bare in mind I playing clubs with exactly same standard as me they are all regens and I created an edge with the teamtalks.

I will post my teamtalk I use on WoIfsong thread in tactics section as I cant do spoiler and dont want to upset people posting it here.

Its not cast iron proof but it clearly turns the team some games ref and spontanious things happen you cant win every game.

Just never, ever, ever, ever say you're pleased at half-time as you will suddenly find yourself with a team who have the work ethic of Berbatov!

not found that at all and my results show this is not the case the work ethnic maintains till match end. Maybe people have done this to players who not playing well considering some do teamtalk on strength of match ratings and result the rest of the team could be thinking being lethargic gets praise and is all they need to do to please the boss.

As you see my results speak volumes now admitedly this only been tested with one club proof of pudding is the results work with other clubs and players especially higher in the pyramid.

That I will have to explore

Archived