Not in Europe??

Top 4 get CL unless a team below won the CL then 4th goes to Europa League and bumps everyone down. 5th place gets Europa spot. FA Cup and League Cup winners get the other 2 Europa spots.

If the FA Cup winner is already qualified for Europe then the runner-up qualifies.

If the League Cup winner is already qualified for Europe then the 6th place team in the league qualifies.

Top 4 get CL unless a team below won the CL then 4th goes to Europa League and bumps everyone down. 5th place gets Europa spot. FA Cup and League Cup winners get the other 2 Europa spots.

If the FA Cup winner is already qualified for Europe then the runner-up qualifies.

If the League Cup winner is already qualified for Europe then the 6th place team in the league qualifies.

I thought it went to the 6th in the league...? The same as League cup and if they're both won by a top 5 team then it's 6th and 7th that qualify.

Swansea can't qualify for Europe because they are a welsh side.

Funny funny lies. :D

Swansea can't qualify for Europe because they are a welsh side.

iirc the rules were changed shortly before Cardiff's FA cup final apperance. Previously they would have had to qualify through the Welsh FA, and so the Welsh FA would have to sacrafice a place (voluntarily) if Cardiff won and wanted to be in Europe. But then the FA clarified that they had no objection to Cardiff qualifying as an English team, and UEFA agreed, on the basis that the winner of the tournament, regardless of their location, deserves to qualify.

Something like that anyway.

Hersie - i think that was agreed for the FA Cup, but the situation if they get to the europe slots in the PL is less clear, as it has never happened.

Yeah, true. I reckon the same rules would apply though if it were to ever happen. ie they've earnt the right to compete, regardless of where they're from.

Archived