Domestic player Bias??

As a gaffer i have done everything in 5 years , almost everything, im fairly high in the hall of fame , but i have problems (looking at my stats). My financial control is 20, i have 15 and 14 . But my domestic player bias is 1 :| what is domestic player bias and what do i do to increase it?

Buy only players from the country your league is in. So managing in England, only buy English players etc.

Most lower league manager have quite a high domestic player bias rating as they rely on free transfers/loans/bargains that are generally from the same country as the league structure.

what does domestic player bias affect anyway? Will teams not want to hire you if it's too low?

I don't think it affects anything. I can't see what it would affect. If i was a director or chairman I wouldn't care of the manager signed home-grown players or foreign players, as long as the success was forthcoming.

It never affects anything well in my experiance anyway. I usually alwas play in Scotland as my beloved Rangers, and often on my edited database which increased finances after the first season, as a result early in the game Scottish talent just isnt good enough to compete, only Scottish player who regularly plays for me is Alan Hutton.

Is it the lower the number, the lower the level of bias? I am managing Newcastle and there is only 7 English players out of the 25 man squad, and only 2 English players in my starting lineup. I got "1" in the Domestic player Bias category. I have no clue.

I would assume the loyalty is just by remaining at your club for years, not selling players at whim, especially the players who have been there for a while, and letting players retire with your club.

I'm actually fairly surprised mine is 19, while I have stayed at the same club for 5 years, I sold Cech, Anelka, Zhirkov, Malouda, Joe Cole, Kalou, Alex, and Ashley Cole (some of which wanted new challenges, but still) and also sold Ballack and Drogba once they started aging. I don't think I've sold a single player who I have signed under my reign, however, with to exception of Steven Davies, who turned out to be too weak, injury prone, and feckless for the league.

Hands on approach..probably how much you interact with your players and how much control you actually take of your club. Making board requests, signing/firing coaches/scouts, changing training schedules, signing youths, setting up youth squads, etc.

Does it harm your chances of getting the England job, if you have a reputation of not signing English based players?

Doubt it, my domestic player bias has been very poor since the first year, and I got the English job in 2011, without any international credentials aside from managing a few Argentinian friendlies.

just do an aston villa :p

They've carried that on in my game. I'm in 2015 and I'm England manager. The list of their homegrown players is immense - probably 12 or 13 in their squad.

I have 8 English players in my 25 registered players for Liverpool but my DPB is also 1. It bothers me a bit, but there are better, cheaper options from abroad.

• 3 months later...
Does the use of youth players contribute to the bias or is it just players who are brought in on a fee?

I was going to start of thread but I thought it would be better to just post in an existing domestic player bias thread.

So my domestic bias is 5 and has been low for a number of years now ( about to start my 14 season) and in recent years I have made a decision to have more spanish players in my squad as I manage in Spain. Out of a first team squad of 26 players I have 12 Spanish players - so just under half. It has taken me a good few years to get these Spanish players to where they are - all came from the youth system (well all of them did but some were bought at the age of 16 and some were from acadamey level) I just cannot understand why my rating for domestic player bias is only 5.

Any thoughts guys!

I was going to start of thread but I thought it would be better to just post in an existing domestic player bias thread.

So my domestic bias is 5 and has been low for a number of years now ( about to start my 14 season) and in recent years I have made a decision to have more spanish players in my squad as I manage in Spain. Out of a first team squad of 26 players I have 12 Spanish players - so just under half. It has taken me a good few years to get these Spanish players to where they are - all came from the youth system (well all of them did but some were bought at the age of 16 and some were from acadamey level) I just cannot understand why my rating for domestic player bias is only 5.

Any thoughts guys!

Just under half is pretty strongly biased AGAINST domestics, (IMO). In Brazil a lot of clubs have no foreign players at all. I have four and that seems to be exceptional.

what i can't understand is why mine is at 1. I've been managing Liverpool for 5 seasons and i don't expect it to be high, it should be pretty low but its not like i have no english players. I have quite a few due to the epl registration rules. I have about 6 english players in my first team as well as a bunch in my reserves and youth squad yet my domestic player bias still dropped all the way down to 1.

Archived