National team and club manager - long term strategy

I’m playing FM09. I would like to play as national team manager, but at the first look it is frustrating for me, because I have no such possibilities as a club manager (continuous training, contracts with foreign players etc). One of exceptions is managing Wellington Phoenix (club) and New Zealand (National Team) simultaneously.

This is good solution because:

a. Wellington is the best NZ team and there I can gather best NZ players (who will be members of national team),

b. New Zealand has very short time to obtain citizenship (730 days)

So my target is to sign club contracts with talented young players (with PA -8, -9) from strong football countries (as for example Brasilia, Argentina, France, Australia etc.), who after two years in my club, when they will 20 or 21 years old, will obtain NZ citizenship. I assume that they will be already better than domestic NZ players, but not so good to become members of their national strong teams yet.

So I have a few questions (I ask, because testing this is very time-consuming and if there is no possibility to accomplish my plan is I will no start NZ career):

1. Will young good foreign players willing to obtain NZ citizenship?

2. Will Australian players be willing to obtain NZ citizensip (they are recognized as domestic players by the A-League rules and it may be important for their decision that obtaining new citizenship will not be advantage for the club)

3. What will happen if I invite young foreign players from my club who obtained NZ citizenship to become NZ first team players? Will they agree or refuse? (if they will not be the members of their national first teams of course).

And the last simple question

4. Is a possibility to check (before signing contract) if the player has been called to his first national team already? (it is simple if they played a match in first national team, but sometimes players are called but not play in a match, and in this case they will be not approved to be NZ national team members in a future).

Archived