"tailored transfers????" (bit of player naming also)

Quick query. Ive been playing as PSG in France for 4 seasons, and have loaded 4 other major European leagues as playable also. I have seen the following transfers in the past 3 seasons.

Pato - to Marseille (18m)

Benzema - to Marseille (30m)

Ribery - to Lyon (30m).

These transfers all seem out of context in both a real sense and in game (the players were all playing well for their original teams and really didnt need transferring - not upset with managers or anything else, they were in the first team playing regularly. There was no hype around the transfers, nor were there any contract issues)

Therefore, my question, does the game tailor the transfers to the league in which you are currently playing? So, if I was in the Premiership, is there more chance of those 3 players for example going to prem clubs?

As said, may not be worth a thread, may be at random, but it does seem out of context slightly.

I always had that suspicion too and not only in that respect.

Whereever I manage, I seem to be in a rising nation. More often than not the respective nation for instance rose in the coefficient ranking.

The whole game seems to be a bit biased towards the country in which you manage.

That might be intentionally coded or due to the detail level causing some things to take different turns.

My experiences are different. I usually manage Ajax, but I hardly see that Eredivisie could attract major European players. Instead it looks that major Holland clubs search and sign talented players outside from Europe to bring them here. If the player is really good, Eredivisie will just become a first step to major European leagues for him.

I saw that a lot in my FM09 save and things haven't changed much in FM10. Even some of the names are the same. Kikin Fonseca for example was lethal striker for PSV in FM09 and attracted attention of big clubs. In FM10 Feyenoord signed him in the first transfer summer.

Perhaps there is also some sort of cultural impact. OP is talking about French players that will go to Ligue 1. Seems somehow logical to me. Same is that Belgian players are likely to go to Eredivise or frech-speaking african players would like to continue their career in France.

And last, but not least - OM seems to act quite aggressively in transfer market in FM10, so signing Pato and Benzema is not so strange. Though strange is that Benzema would like to go back to France. It looks like a step back in his career.

I believe that transfers are tailored to the league that you're in IF that league is considered a major league. I think this seems to be directed to European coefficients. Thereby any "lower" league like lets say Scotland or Holland will see their players being asked to move to a league considered "bigger" where you are able to manager. Example, you have loaded Italy, England, Belgium and Poland. You will see transfers moving from Poland and Belgium to England and Italy, more so than normal. The idea being to gravitate you to those leagues. This is very unrealistic but I guess that it was the only "viable" way of coding the game.

I always had that suspicion too and not only in that respect.

Whereever I manage, I seem to be in a rising nation. More often than not the respective nation for instance rose in the coefficient ranking.

The whole game seems to be a bit biased towards the country in which you manage.

That might be intentionally coded or due to the detail level causing some things to take different turns.

Yes, this basically.

I usually load the same league in all my games, with the same depth in each nation. It seems to be that some players always move to the league I am playing in, and overall the other clubs seem to be buyer clubs. I definetly think the league you are in is favoured, but I am not sure why something like this would be in the game.

Archived