Carling Cup...

Does anyone else think it should count in your cup count up as a minor trophy one; for it is a minor trophy. I just won the Quadruple and it says all i've won is 1 Major European Trophy, 1 Major Domestic Cup and 1 Domestic League.

I know this has been the case for a lot of versions, if not the very begining, but it seems kind of stupid.

It's too minor by HoF standards. I have no beef with that, but I do wish there was a lit of how many points you get for each trophy/championship.

Yeah i'd like that too, i meant to check after i had won it, like just before the final and after but completely forgot. (Ended up winning the quadruple, if any of you are struggling for a tight centre tactic i can more than point you in the right direction, i take no credit for the tactic though).

It should be listed as a minor national cup in your hall of fame, or at least your list of winnings. As far as i am aware you still get a place in europe for it, all be it the Europa League (however stepping stones must be stepped scross to get to the top, also winning it increases your nation's and clubs coeficient etc and european standing) So it isn't all that unimportant.

The Carling Cup semi last week (City v United) pulled in more viewers than last years FA Cup Final...

Yeah but that wasn't so much do to with the Carling Cup but as the one decent battle it has throw up in recent years due to Tevez's move and his goals. Plus all the taunting etc.

I just won the world club cup championship or w/e it's called and it doesn't register either, as in your number of cups won. I think my manager points went up though however i forgot to check and was going to check. I was going to while i was going to "cruise" through the final to some mexican club with only about five/six real players (two where 1.5million though and the other's about a million) however when i was drawn 0-0 at half time then went 0-1 down at 59 mins i kinda totally forgot all about it.

But yeah, at least it doesn't register over the Carling Cup, unless they add up your cups etc won at the end of the season.

P.S. I also think the Charity Sheild should count as a minor like the Carling Cup, wether other countries have them or not.

Yeah but that wasn't so much do to with the Carling Cup but as the one decent battle it has throw up in recent years due to Tevez's move and his goals. Plus all the taunting etc.

I think the figures were something like 2 million more. As you said, a lot of people were probably only interested because it was Man Utd. vs City, Tevez vs. United etc. However, the F.A. Cup ain't what it used to be and the profile of the Carling Cup is growing and growing. I think this should count as minor trophy.:thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked the editor and ingame it has a reputation of 11 so it is a minor cup, an example of a similar level competition would be the Adelante division in Spain with a rep of 12.

I also wouldn't say that the Carling Cup has grown in stature, the big teams still throw out their youths even at the semi-final stage. I personally (as a Man Utd fan) use it as a barometer of how well Alex Ferguson thinks Man Utd are doing, if he's confident of landing a big one (League or CL) then you will see the young boys and reserves but if he is not then the first-teamers come out to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived