Manager contract demands

I know a lot of people dont care about manager's contracts as they dont do anything for you as such in the game, but I really like them (it's all a game of make believe anyway, you're not really winning the champions league...)

Anyway, why can players demand a new contract but not a manager, I have a year left on my initial small wages contract, the club is now much richer and much more successful and i'm on favoured personnel, yet I'm on half the salary of my reserve left back. If this was real I would demand a significant raise or I would leave.

Why can you demand and issue ultimatums about things like expanding the stadium but not over your own contract?

Players can demand a new contract at any time, manager's only when their contract is nearly finished. I've got a year left, circumstances at the club have improved massively, I want to be able to negotiate with them and see if they will offer a new one or if not leave and go to one of the other two clubs that have offered me a job which will pay more, at the moment that is not possible.

Also as others have said many times, please S.I fix it so you are not automatically removed from icon list if you resign and dont go to a rival.

I agree with this, as I have never had a reason to leave a club unless a better job offer comes up. Having this would give an added something to the game. One example being that if I got offered a job at another club for 3 times my current wages, then I want to go to the board and get then to match the offer, otherwise I am off. I don't want to reject the offer in the hope that when my contract is up they may be able to give me a similay salary.

The other issue is if you have a big contract with plenty of time left you likely won't get another job unless you resign first. It would be nice to be able to tell a team that you will resign from your current position if they agree to offer you the job so that they don't have to pay your current employer a big release fee.

I definately think it needs to be sorted that you are always removed as an icon if u resign. For example i won 10 league titles and 8 champions leagues with man city, but then went to my favourite club, oldham and i was immediately removed as an icon of man city.

^ i completely 1000% agree, it is not at all realistic, IRL if you become a legend at a club you would in nearly all cases remain a legend (unless you went to hated rival). Plus all the people who are listed as legends have all (or nearly all ) left the club at some point, a lot to play or manage elsewhere and they're still legends, so why not the people who actually buy the game S.I?

And why does the game never refer back to old triumphs, old managers etc when a new manager comes in (like will happen to the man who replaces ferguson or wenger) to give a historical narrative to a club and allow you to feel like there is some point to your career and wins

The other issue is if you have a big contract with plenty of time left you likely won't get another job unless you resign first. It would be nice to be able to tell a team that you will resign from your current position if they agree to offer you the job so that they don't have to pay your current employer a big release fee.

Isn't that illegal though? The proper approach os for your next team to approach your current team. For that reason, it won't be included. Of course you can choose to resign once your hear of interest through the media, but that's on your own back.

Archived