Any tips to buying big players?

Unsettle them by informing them (and the world) that you admire them.

Do it a few times to get onto the favourite personnel list then reveal that you intend to sign him.

If you put in a high enough big he should get mad that he's not allowed to move clubs.

Should cut his price down, but you could wait til his contract runs out then sign him on a free.

I already did the 48 month move with Ribery, but still 144 M is too much

Anyways, I tried to unsettle Rooney, i first praised him, he said he would like to hear it from his manager, but then I said I will do anything possible to buy... now he's considering options? Am i doing it right? and if is, what to do next?

144m!? I signed Ribery for 15m. What season was that in? Because clubs want more for players who have just signed new contracts. Try waiting until they get in the last year of their contract and try to negotiate because you will probably be able to sign them for less.

I already did the 48 month move with Ribery, but still 144 M is too much

Anyways, I tried to unsettle Rooney, i first praised him, he said he would like to hear it from his manager, but then I said I will do anything possible to buy... now he's considering options? Am i doing it right? and if is, what to do next?

114m for Ribery? I got him for €11.75m!

Wait...how do you bid and release statements? I've been trying to get Luis Suarez from Ajax, and he has me as a favored personnel but Ajax won't budge (I've gone up to 18 million GBP for him, which is fairly substantial). Maybe if he knew how much they were turning down he'd be more inclined to come.

Um... you bid by offering money to a club for their player. You release statements about said player by going to that player's interaction screen.

If you bid for a player publicly, other clubs may take an interest in him.

Is that the only effect? Or could it also unsettle the player?

In a way, if other clubs become interested than he might become unsettled anyway, which serves my ultimate purpose of getting him to agree that he wants to come to Valencia. First I need to convince him that he wants to leave at all.

Is that the only effect? Or could it also unsettle the player?

In a way, if other clubs become interested than he might become unsettled anyway, which serves my ultimate purpose of getting him to agree that he wants to come to Valencia. First I need to convince him that he wants to leave at all.

The other clubs may bid for him though, and he might accept one of them over you.

This feature has been removed hasn't it?

Shouldn't think so... or what's the point of having 'public' and 'private' bids?

The other clubs may bid for him though, and he might accept one of them over you.

Yeah, that's true; I'm hoping that me already being on his favored personnel list would give me the edge. It's a risk I might take; Ajax is irritating me, and I'm starting to just not want him to play for them anymore. I've offered about 2.5 times what he's worth, plus some incentives; they just need to sell him to me.

quite sesperrate to find out!!! How can i change teams in football manager 2010??..i have never done this because never offered a job..I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME SINCE FORME CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER..DONE MANY THINGS, WON EVEN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WITH STEAUA BUCHAREST..i can recommend you mny things..but how to change teams?..please help!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Archived