Team talk's again!

I read somewhere that if you are leading by 2 or more goals at halftime you should tell the team you are "Pleased".

But wouldn't this mean your teams performance would drop because they wouldn't try as hard?

Wouldn't it be better to select "Tell the squad you don't expect their performance to drop"?

I tend to go for "Do it for the fans" at the start of every match, "encourage" if winning 1-0 at half time, "pleased if winning by more than one goal at half time. I always give them an "expect better" rant if losing at half time and if I win they get "pleased" if it's at home and "delighted" if away from home.

I never use "don't let your performance drop", because they always react badly.

I've found it really depends on the quality of your squad as to how effective your team talks can prove to be.

Personally, when playing as a weak team, I've found that saying "pleased" at half time if winning by two goals is the only way to go, whilst when playing as one of the biggest teams, saying either "don't let your performance drop" or even nothing at all is by far the best way to go. I've found "pleased can be suicide in this situation.

Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

I've found it really depends on the quality of your squad as to how effective your team talks can prove to be.

Personally, when playing as a weak team, I've found that saying "pleased" at half time if winning by two goals is the only way to go, whilst when playing as one of the biggest teams, saying either "don't let your performance drop" or even nothing at all is by far the best way to go. I've found "pleased can be suicide in this situation.

I'm going to have to disagree with that somewhat. While playing as Celtic I was up by 2 more at halftime all the time. At first I would say pleased and let get to the second half. Not very good results for that, but I hit on something that works.

If up by more than 2 at half I set the team talk to pleased. Individual talks to have faith for anyone 8 or better and dissapointed for to players with a 6. I then switch to a defensive tactic for the second half. Works like a charm.

Archived