The it takes me twice as many clear cut chances to score the same no. of goals thread

Not a full-grown gripe; just a quietly angered vent.:D

Welcome to seven of my last seventeen league games. (Apologies for the shoddy brand of screenie, I'm an e-jit; skip the first two if you wish, that's just my Championship strike partnership).

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/billybonesthenth/

Feel free to join me in putting forth your lets-hit-it-straight-at-the-'keeper frustrations; if not, I'm happy to cry and grouse alone.

Oh, do enlighten me?

I've perused many of the topics on said subject and have been unable to surmise anything tactical that would compel my quality strikers to convert more of their chances. Besises, i'm only half-complaining, I've won several games this season I'd been sieged in, but it does seem to happen too often.

The ME with regards shooting reminds me of Pro Evo, in that it's easier to score from an angle than dead-on, in-penalty-box scenario; you know with steely certainty when running in on goal at an angle they're going to smash it in the far corner from 20 yards with childish ease, whereas when faced head-on from 12 yards they're going to feebly stab it at the momentarily inflated parked lorry of a goalkeeper.

There's seems to be a problem with through balls splitting the defence too easily. SI decided to tweak the likelihood of those specific kind of chances being converted into goals.

Your team seems to be creating a lot of this specific type of attack. You have to dig around to find out what it is exactly. I think it's splitting the defence down the middle but I'm not entirely sure.

Oh, do enlighten me?

I've perused many of the topics on said subject and have been unable to surmise anything tactical that would compel my quality strikers to convert more of their chances. Besises, i'm only half-complaining, I've won several games this season I'd been sieged in, but it does seem to happen too often.

The ME with regards shooting reminds me of Pro Evo, in that it's easier to score from an angle than dead-on, in-penalty-box scenario; you know with steely certainty when running in on goal at an angle they're going to smash it in the far corner from 20 yards with childish ease, whereas when faced head-on from 12 yards they're going to feebly stab it at the momentarily inflated parked lorry of a goalkeeper.

Basically like bardock says. There is some issue with defending which creates an irregulalry high amount of CCC. If it was left alone by SI, you'd have games ending like 7-6 on a regular basis, so SI tweaked the amount of these particular types of chances that are scored.

In short, if you wan't to be deadly effective with CCC's you need to attack with players coming in from the wings or making diagonal runs.

The AI just have an uncanny nack of being able to score with every shot. Even 3-0 up I never feel safe because my defenders are hopeless at basic defending and leave a huge hole for the even the crapest computer striker just to run through.

Archived