Should this run 52 leagues

Does anyone know if a laptop with 3GB RAM, 32 bit Windows 7 and an Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10 GHz should run 52 leagues from 52 nations on a small database, 96 thousand players? The game says I am over the reccomended limit of 75 thousand, but I have heard that is unreliable. Speed is not my greatest concern, but will it be stable?

my overclocked i7 920 @ 3.4Ghz with 6 gigs of 1600Mhz Ram with liquid cooling and an MLC SSD running vista 64bit on SP2 manages to run about 31 well, thats about 66000 players.

I would assume you would REALLY struggle with that as mine runs OK but not lightening fast, I dont have to wait ages but I do know it can be quicker.

I have 65000 players with E8500 3.16ghz dual core, 4 gigs ram, vista 64bit. Runs quite well

Thats about right on the limit I would assume.

My system was designed with FM in mind, it also has a 4870 in it (really need to move to DX11 for BC2 tho, pity i just dented the car now I cnt afford it)

My game isnt lightening fast but its not slow at all, lets see how it does after 10 seasons :)

I have 65000 players with E8500 3.16ghz dual core, 4 gigs ram, vista 64bit. Runs quite well

Very similar to mine except I've got an E8400 3.00ghz with 8 gigs of ram and Windows 7 64bit.

I've got ALL nations and leagues playable. It runs quite well - certainly a lot quicker than my laptop ran FM09 so I can't complain.

Running 90-something leagues from 40/50-something countries on a career game, with 250K players loaded.

This is on a Q6700 2.67GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, 4GB RAM (3.5GB RAM usable).

It runs fairly well, although it has slowed down quite a bit now, as i'm in 2030. Which was expected as well.

But speedwise, especially the first 10 seasons, was good.

The only thing that could take some time was saturday matchdays. But not so bad that i couldn't live with it.

Running 90-something leagues from 40/50-something countries on a career game, with 250K players loaded.

This is on a Q6700 2.67GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, 4GB RAM (3.5GB RAM usable).

It runs fairly well, although it has slowed down quite a bit now, as i'm in 2030. Which was expected as well.

But speedwise, especially the first 10 seasons, was good.

The only thing that could take some time was saturday matchdays. But not so bad that i couldn't live with it.

This just tells me that it's all subjective! I'm running a marginally better machine than you - 8gb ram/hd4890/q6700 @ 3.1 /windows 7 pro 64 - and I'm only just barely getting a speed that i would consider acceptable 10 seasons in. I suppose it's what you're used to and how quickly you want to get through the seasons.

edit - oh should have put i'm running 15 leagues with large database (about 75k players)

This just tells me that it's all subjective! I'm running a marginally better machine than you - 8gb ram/hd4890/q6700 @ 3.1 /windows 7 pro 64 - and I'm only just barely getting a speed that i would consider acceptable 10 seasons in. I suppose it's what you're used to and how quickly you want to get through the seasons.

edit - oh should have put i'm running 15 leagues with large database (about 75k players)

Yeah. Can't agree more. It's hard to say it runs slow or fast as it's all down to his/her own personal liking.

If it adds anything, i'm very impatient when i'm playing FM. I never want to wait too many seconds from when i've clicked continue, until it's matchday again lol

I downloaded a superleague as well recently, and started a game with only that country and about 15 leagues, or something. That is definitely faster than my career game.

There's hardly any time to remove my hand from the mouse after clicking continue and it's time to click again.

So i'm with you on that one Piethief100

-----EDIT-----

Now, answering the OPs question, which i was supposed to do. You can most likely run it. As for it being stable.....

If you've experienced crashes due to the "memory leak" problem then you'll probably experience more crashes.

What you can do then is to untick Data Collection in preferences and keep the subscriptions in the game to a minimum.

If you haven't experienced those kind of crashes......well.......then it looks alright. If you would start getting crashes (with crash dumps because of memory problem), then try the suggestions i mentioned above.

I haven't played too much on the 10.2 patch, apart from some intensive playing on my career save. It went surprisingly well, after cutting down on the subscriptions.

But i guess you just have to try for yourself and find out.

Does anyone know if a laptop with 3GB RAM, 32 bit Windows 7 and an Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10 GHz should run 52 leagues from 52 nations on a small database, 96 thousand players? The game says I am over the reccomended limit of 75 thousand, but I have heard that is unreliable. Speed is not my greatest concern, but will it be stable?

It will run, I'm running a 121k player database on a laptop that has a bit lower spec. This machine also recommended 75k btw. Ok it's not that fast, but it's playable if you want to play a more realstic Europe and have a bit of patience. One season on holiday with 121k database and all European leagues (mostly 2 divisions each) takes about 7-8 hours. You will have some kind of 'lag' issues now and then (mouse responding a bit late), but that's mostly after loading the game, or when big cup rounds are being processed in the background.

Btw if you plan on playing full Europe I suggest you download my Europe Project :D

That is exactly what I have done Leto. ;). The only crash dumps I have had are to do with dodgy leagues I created that for some stupid reason refuse to load. I have tested it, and as many have said it is playable, if a bit slow, but I can deal with that, thanks alot for your help. BTW, the term 'Yid' was originally used as an insult to Tottenham fans due to the amount of Jewish supporters (it was considered an offensive word for a jew), but the Spurs fans retaliated by using it as a 'badge' to downgrade its effect as an insult, and today is used mainly as a term for a Tottenham supporter. The club's firm is called the 'Yid Army', but this is commonly chanted at games and again is normally used as a refernece to all fans rather than the firm. There is a similar situation at Ajax and, according to Wikipedia, a Polish club named Cracovia Kraków.

• Administrators

Don't forget you can increase the processing speed in the preferences. Personally I like having a number of leagues loaded, but I wouldn't load leagues I have no intention in ever playing in or don't have players of a sufficient quality to play for teams I'm interested in managing. But hey, that's just me.

• Administrators

To be honest as well, in terms of stability I would very much stay under the recommended numbers, you may be okay but if your game runs out of memory because of it there isn't really too much we can do.

That is exactly what I have done Leto. ;). The only crash dumps I have had are to do with dodgy leagues I created that for some stupid reason refuse to load. I have tested it, and as many have said it is playable, if a bit slow, but I can deal with that, thanks alot for your help.

Nice to hear :D HF with it !

I haven't ran out of memory and ran a test game with big amounts of players for around 20 seasons, but of course I can't assure yours will be safe from it.

To be honest as well, in terms of stability I would very much stay under the recommended numbers, you may be okay but if your game runs out of memory because of it there isn't really too much we can do.

Time to start with a 64bit FM app then. So we can use more RAM. Because frankly, FM have since long reached the point where 2 GB RAM ain't enough to play it properly anymore.

I am currently running 15 leagues and 30 000 players on: AMD Phenom II X2 545 (3.0Ghz Dual Core), 4GB RAM, XFX HD4870, W7 Ultimate 32bit.

I am in 2015 atm and the game absolutely flies imo! I rarely have to wait more than a few seconds...

Don't ask me where but I heard that there isn't a home PC or laptop out there which can run every single nation/league on FM10. Sure it was one of SI employees posted on here.

That simply ain't true. :)

I'm running every single league, all players loaded... Got some 320k players loaded I think. 200-something leagues from 154 nations. And it's running just fine (except of the occasional crash dumps). :p

That simply ain't true. :)

I'm running every single league, all players loaded... Got some 320k players loaded I think. 200-something leagues from 154 nations. And it's running just fine (except of the occasional crash dumps). :p

I like to run all Leagues, it really depends on how long you are willing to wait on processing. Putting background leagues on lower details helps as well.

Archived