real life takeovers

How well are they encorperated? And are they put into patches or data updates?

ok prime example. West Ham in real life and Fm.

As most people will probably know west ham were being taken over and it took ages before the davids got there club. The whole time it happened performances on the pitch were heavily affected and there was constant speculation that once new owners were in that Gianfranco Zolas job was on the line. In fm takeovers at west ham happen and during it speculation wehter the current manager (the user) will stay happens. fm has it spot on, well done si.

Now in real life we all know west ham have been taken over and the davids have said without a doubt zola has a long term job. In fm if you now play as west ham do you now get money to spend? not silly money but zola dont have to sell. and do you get job security the davids give you. They have a reputation of giving managers more time than most chairmen to build a team. My question is this is it possible to encorperate having plenty of time to build a team? In the sense of having plenty of time, really loads of time to build a team?

Im presuming there will be some kind of update or patch after january and guess im asking if anyones knows if this will be put in, if its even possible

(might not be possible dont know if they have to chang egame code or something)

seriously? did you even think before making this post..

fm takeovers are random.. having few phases and few random possibilities.. not tied to irl in any way, you can get money.. or you cant.. you can keep jor.. or you might not.. half of that is random..

it will be either patched.. or in fm11 as it is irl. and there will be no xxx takeover event in game..

waste of forum space

i disagree. If you look around the threads on here quite a few people mention takeovers at west ham happening when they play so i think it is put in for certain clubs to be taken over and some not. Then once that is established it then is random on which save is created wether talks of takeovers happen

The takeovers at West Ham and other clubs occur with frequency because at the start of the game the chairman is looking to sell. That doesn't guarantee that a takeover will happen, but it does increase the chance significantly.

If you continue the save for a long time this event can occur with any club and sometimes a tycoon may takeover a mid table team and turn them into the next Chelsea/Man City.

what swede151 said is what i meant.

I didnt mean to say a takeover is going to happen but if its in the game that the chairmen want to sell then the chances of it happening are more significant

I think now in real life david gold and david sullivan have bought west ham, playing as them in football manager mean gameplay will be different. Before you had no money and chairman wanted to sell so takeovers were possible. Now chairman loves club and finances are more stable plus with that comes

a) potential more funds. (if gold are true west ham supporters they will splash the cash) splashing the cash with west ham is having 5 million lol

b) player job security will now be very strong as the davids have reputation of giving managers time.

lets hope thats in the patch

Archived